Confiscated booze on the Legend today

Kissyfur19

Good thing we are leaving out of Jax and FFL then :rolleyes:

may just stick the rum runners in my pockets then since they dont send me through the x ray

I read on another thread that they made people turn out their pockets. I don't remember what port, though.

Maggie

Does Carnival really go into someone's luggage without the owner

being there?

Yes our bottle was snagged. I am just glad I did not have to go to some naughty room. They left us a note in our room. Yes, we were wrong in taking it but I have never been busted before.

Seems to me that Carnival gets a lot of mileage out of confiscating a bottle of liquor or rumrunner from the baggage of a CC member. If you are not a cruise Critic member and the take your liquor, where would you post it, maybe no where...

Therefore we have noted when we had our CC member luggage tags or my wife or I was wearing our CC shirt, they were more attentive to our luggage and carryons. Carnival reads these boards so what better way to scare people than to hit someone's luggage with a CC luggage tag. They will know that you will use your first internet minutes on board to say ...I just got on _____ship today in the Port of_________and they took my luggage and went through it with a fine tooth comb. Out of the first 10 people reading it, maybe 1/2 of them will now not try it or order from the bon voyage dept., instead or trying to smuggle it in their luggage. Let's face it, going through luggage and calling people down to open their luggage takes time and by virtue of the time constraints of loading, scanning and delivering luggage, hitting "high profile CC member" luggage is the way to freely spread the info through CC.

Therefore when we cruise, our CC luggage tags, hats and shirts will be out of sight.

buy a larger bra size then? I am guessing they wont check that!!

Have you seen my pictures on Facebook? I can't add anything else to my bras, my girls are too big already! I don't know how I stand up as it is ;)

Have you seen my pictures on Facebook? I can't add anything else to my bras, my girls are too big already! I don't know how I stand up as it is ;)

LMAO! you are too funny. I, unfortunately, do not have that problem. :( I could probably stick a 32 oz on each side and no one would notice :D

Doesn't make a difference if you lock your luggage or not. In fact I would rather they just take it out than to call me to the naughty room to stand there watching them dig through and take it out. How embarassing. But I dont' smuggle so it doesn't matter in the end.

I also heard on one of the boards (not here) about security making people show their cargo pockets were empty. Didn't pay attention to the port though. As much as concealing in cargos are talked about it's no surprise they are starting to check them.

A few years ago my step son went on a RCCL cruise and when coming back through customs in Jimaca I think, he got a complete frisking (not a gentle one either according to him) guess he looks like the guilty type LOL.

I know they can and will call you down to unlock your luggage if they feel there is alcohol inside. However, I tend to feel you have a greater chance of losing your alcohol if your luggage is unlocked. It's much easier for them to remove the alcohol from unlocked luggage rather than having to locate the owner of the locked luggage, call them down to security, wait for them to get there, unlock the luggage, and then remove the alcohol. If I were a screener, I'd be more likely to go for easy stuff.

Heres an idea.. now I know its crazy but bare with me.... how about we DONT try to bring onboard things that we're NOT allowed to??? Works for me everytime!

Heres an idea.. now I know its crazy but bare with me.... how about we DONT try to bring onboard things that we're NOT allowed to??? Works for me everytime!

LOL! Excellent point! That's what I do. I sometimes entertain the idea of smuggling in more wine than I am allowed -- for about 1 minute. Then I realize it's far too hard, much too risky, and a seriously bad example for my kid.

Since I'm a non-smuggler, I'm free to choose ANY port of embarkation. Avoiding a very busy port like Miami to smuggle on a little bit of booze to save scant few Dollars is swallowing elephants and choking on gnats.

Since I'm a non-smuggler, I'm free to choose ANY port of embarkation. Avoiding a very busy port like Miami to smuggle on a little bit of booze to save scant few Dollars is swallowing elephants and choking on gnats.

We smuggled in MIA with no issues at all. Three full liquor bottles wrapped in beach towels in our luggage....all made it through.

Would I attempt it again - HELL YES! :D

Ummm....yes. As do the airlines.

TSA seems to pick one of our bags everytime we travel (redress has helped those in my travel party going thru extra security, evidently does't carry over to luggage:rolleyes:).

always leaves a note, nothing ever gone MIA

Yes our bottle was snagged. I am just glad I did not have to go to some naughty room. They left us a note in our room. Yes, we were wrong in taking it but I have never been busted before.

Curious, note in bag or in cabin?

Archived