Departing from SFO

jm1029

Check-in with first class will be quick -- either kiosk or counter. But sometimes there may be and sometimes there may not be a separate line for first class security check. Without an expedited security one would need to allow 20 min for security because a large number of flights leave early in the morning. You may check with Delta about security check for first class. Also allow 10 min extra for the car to get to the terminal building because there can be traffic jams at the terminal bldgs. Early morning is quite busy at SFO.

If you're flying First Class you have access to at least one airline lounge while you wait for your flight's departure, so I'd get to the airport at least two hours early, relax and take advantage of the lounge.

We have a 6:00 a.m. flight from SFO flying first class. There will be no checked luggage. Can someone tell me what time we need to be at the airport to make sure we make the flight. Thanks much.

This must be DL 1499.

I would still allow two hours to go through all of the rigmarole at SFO. Although you have no luggage to check and will be able to take advantage of the priority security line, it can get crowded in Terminal 1 at SFO with all the early morning flights. Traffic to the airport should not be a problem.

Unfortunately, there is no free Sky Club access for you unless you are going further afoot on BusinessElite.

Have a good trip.

Thanks for the advice. I will just think that the flight is really leaving at 9:00 a.m. EDT and get there a couple of hours early. I do have access to the Sky Club via AmEx Platinum which from Delta's website opens at 5:00 a.m. but if I recall correctly it is outside of security which means upon leaving the club I would still have to negotiate a security line.

if I recall correctly it is outside of security which means upon leaving the club I would still have to negotiate a security line.
Correct. SkyClub at SFO is upstairs. There is an elevator on the right side, as you approach the security screening. Take the elevator, follow the corridor around to your left, and you'll find the club. Unfortunately, you will have security after the club.

I've always thought they should install a CCTV system in the club, so you can see what the security line looks like from the club. Now THAT would be an innovation frequent fliers would like.

Also, there is no priority line through security for first class passengers, so you have to go through the regular lines.

Archived