Fuel supplement?to be or not to be?that is the lingering question.

BoPippy

I am wondering about the fuel supplement that can be added after $70.00 a barrel,now that we r at $80.00 plus?no mentions lately!I guess if we don't hear about it ,it might go away!Maybe Princess added it into there new pricing this year.:rolleyes:

Directly from the Princess website under the title Fuel Supplement Update:

Announcement: FUEL SUPPLEMENT UPDATE

At the time we suspended fuel supplements we reserved the right to reinstate them if the price of light sweet crude oil, according to the NYMEX, should increase above $70 per barrel. While we have now exceeded that threshold, in light of the economic crisis and resulting consumer weakness, we presently have no plans to institute a fuel supplement. We will continue to monitor the situation in the markets and review our position as the situation warrants.

Directly from the Princess website under the title Fuel Supplement Update:

At the time we suspended fuel supplements we reserved the right to reinstate them if the price of light sweet crude oil, according to the NYMEX, should increase above $70 per barrel. While we have now exceeded that threshold, in light of the economic crisis and resulting consumer weakness, we presently have no plans to institute a fuel supplement. We will continue to monitor the situation in the markets and review our position as the situation warrants.

sounds good to me!:)

Here is the official word from Princess!!!

princess_logo_pop.gifSkip to content

closeWindow.gif

spacer.gif

The price of crude has been up way past $70 per barrel for a long time now. That is why Princess posted that notice. It gives them the right at 'any time' to reinstate the fuel surcharge. So far, no news is good news. But with the demand for cruising the way it has been lately, I would guess we are living on borrowed time with this lack of fuel surcharge and that it will again be added very soon (if the price of oil continues to climb).

If I'm not wrong, that's the same wording they have been using since the removed the fuel supplement the last time. I would agree though, as oil inches upward, the time when this will be reinstated is drawing closer.:eek:

Mike

No, some of the statement was added when the price oil crossed $70. There was much speculation at that time that a fuel surcharge would be put back on. The cruise companies put out statements saying not for now.

I would rather they hid it in the price of the cruise,that way it does not seem as bad rather than it lingering over our heads from month to month.When they increase prices on future cruises they could say that they r dropping the fuel charges and that way people being people we probably would think we r getting a real bargain!:DMaybe i can get a cruise credit for helping the marketing Department?NOT.:rolleyes:

Archived