Soda Card

F858MM

My wife and I are leaving on the Pride out of Baltimore Sunday , She wants to get a soda card . ( I am sticking with beer ) . Where do you get a soda card

The cost is $6 per day (adults) times number of cruise days. They will have a table set up on the Lido deck when you get on board or I believe that you can purchase them at the bars too.

Sue

It's around $1.50 to $2.00 a can. Be advised when you buy a can you get a fresh can. With the soda card they pour from the fountain into a small glass, so it is not as much to drink. You can go back but you have to wait in line sometimes and get the bartender's attention.

We have bought a card in the past but concluded it was not worth the hassle and now we just bring soda with us.

Last I cruised... Feb: It was $4.50 per day + 15% gratuity for under 18; and $6 per day + 15% for 18 and older...

And I will admit, I did get one extra soda each night, on my card for, Mom. She likes a club soda at night. I just had to go to a different bar and not be holding a soda in my hand... :o

P.S. Oh, and wait till you're away from port... then you won't pay sales tax...

It's around $1.50 to $2.00 a can. Be advised when you buy a can you get a fresh can. With the soda card they pour from the fountain into a small glass, so it is not as much to drink. You can go back but you have to wait in line sometimes and get the bartender's attention.

We have bought a card in the past but concluded it was not worth the hassle and now we just bring soda with us.

It is not fountain soda with the card. They actually pour it from cans, although, the will not usually just give you the whole can at one time.

Sue

Last I cruised... Feb: It was $4.50 per day + 15% gratuity for under 18; and $6 per day + 15% for 18 and older...

And I will admit, I did get one extra soda each night, on my card for, Mom. She likes a club soda at night. I just had to go to a different bar and not be holding a soda in my hand... :o

P.S. Oh, and wait till you're away from port... then you won't pay sales tax...

Prepare to be condemned a thief and heretic for getting one drink for your mom on your soda card. :cool:

Prepare to be condemned a thief and heretic for getting one drink for your mom on your soda card. :cool:

I know... :o I succumbed... :o

For my daughter it's well worth the cost... she'll drink 3 sodas each night at dinner...

I always asked for the soda with no ice and then took my big mug with ice in it to refill! I got a bit less than a can each time ---

but with ice, I'd say they are getting about two drinks per can with the soda card, and one can with a glass of ice if you pay seperately! So -- do your math...

I figure if I order more than 6 - 8 glasses of soda EACH DAY, get the card...

It is not fountain soda with the card. They actually pour it from cans, although, the will not usually just give you the whole can at one time.

Sue

But if you ask for no ice, and have a Carnival soda cup a whole can will fit into the cup. I just get ice from my room and don't have to go to the bars as often. The card works well for me as I have about 6 Diet Cokes during the day and 4 Diet Sprites at night. Lynda

Our son had the soda card and in the dining room he would get a large glass with ice and then the full can. The bar waitress said she was supposed the pour the can into the large glass however she just started giving him the glass and can each night. She would always return with a scond one for him. It was funny that he would get the large glass but when my husband ordered a soda in the dining room, she would bring the can and a small glass with ice. We just thought that was strange!

Let them have their opinion. Soda is so incredibly cheap, yet it's the thing that bars/restaurants/cruise lines are most stingy about. $6 a day is what I believe to be an acceptable price for two people. That's what I did on RCCL, and now that's what I'll do on Carnival. Just ignore the opinions of those who are against soda card sharing. They're wrong.

So, the soda thing is not like RC where it is a cup you buy and get soda as much as you want! I have three kids, I need to know what beverages are the free and which are not!! HELP!!

On the Lido they have iced tea and lemonade around the clock as well as milk in cartons (if it's not out, ask). I believe they also have fruit punch at the kid's camp, but I could be mistaken. They aslo have several fruite juices from concentrate available at breakfast.

I get the card every time I go. They charge $2.50 for a can, so it is worth the $7-$8/day the card costs. I do share the card with my husband. I don't care if people think it is 'wrong'. What is wrong is to charge that much for soda. The card also is good for juice at the bar. I use the juice to mix with the alcohol I sneak on board. ;)

Archived