Parking in Kauai Question

redtinarn

I haven't been there in 2 years, but there was a small shopping plaza, that you purchased a permit from and placed it in your window. It was $10. Purchase it early in the day. It is simple to find, you go right past it upon leaving the port. It is on the left as you drive by. Ask the shuttle bus driver to point it out to you.

I haven't been there in 2 years, but there was a small shopping plaza, that you purchased a permit from and placed it in your window. It was $10. Purchase it early in the day. It is simple to find, you go right past it upon leaving the port. It is on the left as you drive by. Ask the shuttle bus driver to point it out to you.

Posters who have recently returned are saying it is now $20 :(

Posters who have recently returned are saying it is now $20 :(

Still worth it. I'm booking another cruise here, and will definately be using this again.

The post questions where you pay. You walk into the "mall" and pay at the store on your immediate right. They give you the ticket to place on your dash.

FYI for Budget Queen and others:

We were there two years ago also and at that time, the parking was at the Aloha Market Place, which was also a scooter rental location. Many posters have said that they are now closed. Posters have said that parking is now at the Anchor Cove which is a little further away in the opposite direction, but still walkable. There is also a shuttle bus that runs to the pier.

I just called the Anchor Cove shopping center. They gave me a number to call for the Parking. The business that has the parking lot actually rent cars and mopeds. He said car rentals are $75 a day :eek:, but include free parking. You must provide them with proof of insurance when you rent a car from him along with the phone number of your insurance company. If you rent from other agencies, you need a parking pass to use his lot, which will cost you $20. He said the parking is near the pier and as you leave the ship/pier area you will see a sign that says "Cruise Ship Parking." He also said the car rental places do know about him and will give you directions to his lot. He said he usually has spaces until 6:00 p.m., often until 8:00 p.m. He does recommend you get your pass after you pick up your car to be sure you have a spot if you intend to arrive later in the day.

I just called the Anchor Cove shopping center. They gave me a number to call for the Parking. The business that has the parking lot actually rent cars and mopeds. He said car rentals are $75 a day :eek:, but include free parking. You must provide them with proof of insurance when you rent a car from him along with the phone number of your insurance company. If you rent from other agencies, you need a parking pass to use his lot, which will cost you $20. He said the parking is near the pier and as you leave the ship/pier area you will see a sign that says "Cruise Ship Parking." He also said the car rental places do know about him and will give you directions to his lot. He said he usually has spaces until 6:00 p.m., often until 8:00 p.m. He does recommend you get your pass after you pick up your car to be sure you have a spot if you intend to arrive later in the day.

I have been on Mapquest, and I am thinking that the sign he was referring to that says "Cruise Ship Parking" is perhaps just a directional sign, rather than a sign at the parking lot. Looking at the map, the Anchor Cove Shopping Center is a bit further from the dock. At least the best I can tell. Hopefully someone who returns can give us more clear instructions.

HI

I just returned from the POA last weekend. The parking lot in the Anchor Cove is $20 and there is a sign at the entrance that says "cruise ship parking". It is a short walk to the pier or they offer a shuttle bus. We pulled in at 6pm and there were a few spots left.

In Maui there was free parking just outside the pier gates against the ocean wall.

Where do you purchase the parking ticket?? From the scooter rental location or somewhere else?
I am going to head to the Anchor Cove shopping Center and look for the sign for Cruise Ship Parking, unless I hear something different from another poster.

I just drove into the parking lot, parked and someone came to me with an orange vest to collect $20.

One of the store fronts in the lot will be the place - just ask anyone there.

Enjoy - I just returned and want to go back so badly

Archived