I'm really discouraged...plateau

MamaParrotHead

Just wanted to share my good news. I lost 2.6 lbs this week for a total of 8.8 lbs in 5 weeks. Really gives me a boast to reach my goal of 15-20 by my cruise in March. Only problem is if I lose anymore weight none of my cruise cloths will fit right and I will have to go shopping! LOL!! 6 more lbs and I will be at my lowest weight in almost 12 years. I think I will go to curves today and workout - It is a high when you step on the scale and see such a big loss.

Congrats -- I wish I was as close to my goal as you! But you're an inspriation that it CAN be done!

I had a good weigh in too - down 2.75 in the last 2 weeks -- So, I'm down a total of 22.75 since Sept 13!

And my cholesterol is down to 174 (just went to the doc's today)

Last Feb it was 241, in Sept it was 214, and in Oct it was 195. All from diet & exercise -- with NO cholesterol drugs!

I may not be skinny on this cruise, but I'm healthier!

To PaulMedik (& Alex)

I don't mean to sound "bossy" (and I know I do):p-- it's so hard to guage "tone" when someone is writing as opposed to speaking. I know I never was a 17 yr old male (& I did miss the bit with Alex's age & height - sorry), but I do know that my weight problems started when I was about 17, and at 5'0" weighed about 123. I thought I was SOOOO fat (looking back, I was just very inactive, so I wasn't toned -- a little more activity would have solved everything, & easily brought my weight & shape to where it should have been).

I crash dieted (drank Tab & ate fruit & not much else) with no exercise, except situps & leg lifts for a month before the prom & I got down to 110. By the next year I was up to 135. I was still growing, believe it or not, and reached my "full height" of 5'2" at age 22. My point is, that us "older & wiser people" :rolleyes: should be showing the younger people the right way to live the rest of their life healthy, & not get caught up in the bad habits that made us even fatter & less healthy than when we started. (Because of my shortsightedness & bad habits over the years, I yo-yoed every time I've lost weight & now have about 60 lbs to go before I get back down to 135, the right way.)

Now that I know Alex's age, I think even more strongly that his best advise is forget about his abs just for the moment & stabilize himself into a maintenance diet, then in 4 weeks or so, he'll be ready to tone those abs back to their 6-pack glory. What's the rush????

Alex, if this is how you want to look & feel for the rest of your life, the sooner you start thinking that way, the sooner you'll be able to maintain all the great work you've achieved so far.

Again, I apologize for sounding so bossy! :(

Good luck!

Sharonella, thanks for taking the time to help me.:) I assure you my core is not strong enough yet. I live with pain every day from my left hip down to my toes (sciatic nerve is being pressed by bulging discs). At times, I can't even bend over without intense pain. So, I do what I can with my situation. I do have a nice bike that DH bought me a few years ago. I need to get new tubes in the tires though, but I plan on getting it out soon. My neighborhood is very hilly so it would be great exercise. Thanks so much for your suggestions and encouragement. It really means a lot. :D

Sheila -

Your determination to work thru your pain is motivation to me to keep going! I hope it's warm enough for you to go out & bike soon (here in New England, it could be MONTHS before that happens!)

Archived