Show me your aft!

jhale

I am next door to that room next week but hoping I can have a look at that room. Will let you know what I see. When do you go?

august

thanks ... let me know

are you in 8449 or 8457

i wanted my friends to get 8449 but I think they are going to pass

• 2 weeks later...
I LOVE this thread!!!! I am going to upgrade myself to an aft or aft wrap from a regular balcony! I already had this planned, but this thread just gets me more excited! DH doesn't even know that we have any type of balcony! He is going to be surprised!!!!!!:D

I am wodering which deck would be the best on the Miracle? Is this ship going to be the same as the Dream?

Not sure if you are looking at the wraps or the regular aft.

I really liked deck 7 on the Spirit class ships. The further down you go, the more of an overhang you'll have. When you get down to deck 4, the aft is completely covered.

7 is between two decks, so very quiet. I like the deck uncovered so I can sun out on the deck (it can get hot if you are going in the summer though).

• 2 weeks later...

Hi We returned from the Liberty Room 8449 next door to your aft one. I had a tour of the room and deck. The deck had about 6 chairs and a couple of small square tables. They are lined up in a row - not room to sit across from each other. I do have some pics of the balcony but not sure how to put photos on here. I could send them to you by email if interested. What was nice about the aft compared to our balcony is that there was more sun on the balcony. We had a overhand so therefore did not get any sun. Our room was Very large compared to the one you are booked in. Let me know if you have any questions.

Always took a reg balcony cabin. DH (surprise for him) & I are booked on Spirit Cabin 7302, our 1st extended Aft cabin. Any pics from you fellow cruisers out there? I sure would appreciate any if you have.

I just called today when I saw an aft balcony open up on my cruise next month and managed to snag it for $200 upgrade charge. Surprising my husband with it! He still thinks we have a regular balcony. I don't know how I'm gonna keep this secret the next 30 something days.

The pictures make me happy I decided to do it!

you won't be disappointed , enjoy !

I read where someone commented with an aft you get to know your neighbors. Are they less private than the balconies located on the side of the ship? Also, I like to read out on the balcony at night:o would this disturb other aft balconies?

I read where someone commented with an aft you get to know your neighbors. Are they less private than the balconies located on the side of the ship? Also, I like to read out on the balcony at night:o would this disturb other aft balconies?

Yes they are less private... the partitions are slanted and not upright.. when you stand at the railing you can see right over into the other aft balconies... not this depends on which ship you are talking about... as for the light for some reason I never have had one that worked LOL.. it is hit or miss.. I dont think it would bother anyone unless they were trying to sleep out there;)

I just had an aft on the Triumph and, yes, get ready to know your neighbors LOL. The partitions are at a slant and, conceivably, your neighbor can be in the corner of their balcony and look around the partition and see into your cabin. :eek: I don't think anyone *did* this, however, still possible.

AND, in the evening, the light on my balcony was not working so I called Guest Services to see if they can have someone look at it and they said that it was done intentionally because the light on my aft balcony interfered with the navigation system :confused: I know it's not just my balcony, but, nonetheless, was disappointed I had to sit in the dark out there at night. Going with a side next time. Hope that helps :D

Yes they are less private... the partitions are slanted and not upright.. when you stand at the railing you can see right over into the other aft balconies... not this depends on which ship you are talking about... as for the light for some reason I never have had one that worked LOL.. it is hit or miss.. I dont think it would bother anyone unless they were trying to sleep out there;)

I just had an aft on the Triumph and, yes, get ready to know your neighbors LOL. The partitions are at a slant and, conceivably, your neighbor can be in the corner of their balcony and look around the partition and see into your cabin. :eek: I don't think anyone *did* this, however, still possible.

AND, in the evening, the light on my balcony was not working so I called Guest Services to see if they can have someone look at it and they said that it was done intentionally because the light on my aft balcony interfered with the navigation system :confused: I know it's not just my balcony, but, nonetheless, was disappointed I had to sit in the dark out there at night. Going with a side next time. Hope that helps :D

LMAO how funny I just posted the exact samething:p

We had the wrap aft, 4237, on the Carnival Pride. There is very little slope on deck 4 so the partitions to the adjoining balconies are not so slanted. This made it no easier to see into the next door neighbor's than in a regular balcony on the side of the ship.

• 1 month later...
Hi We returned from the Liberty Room 8449 next door to your aft one. I had a tour of the room and deck. The deck had about 6 chairs and a couple of small square tables. They are lined up in a row - not room to sit across from each other. I do have some pics of the balcony but not sure how to put photos on here. I could send them to you by email if interested. What was nice about the aft compared to our balcony is that there was more sun on the balcony. We had a overhand so therefore did not get any sun. Our room was Very large compared to the one you are booked in. Let me know if you have any questions.

thanks so much!

Well I am a bit disappointed that your room was larger since my husband and I couldnt make up our minds on which room to get. But in the end I am sure we will use the balcony more than the room so it will work.

Thanks for thinkin of me!:D

I am thinking about booking this room for next May. Would you recommend? Do you know if the balcony opens up to 7463?

Fair warning. We had this cabin 7461 two year ago and the way the aft of the ship curves...............it eats into the space of the cabin. The balcony is nice but the closet configuration is really stupid and the cabin does feel smaller. I'd go next door to 7463 as the ship tends to flatten out and the cabins are less cramped.

Enjoy your cruise! :D

• 1 month later...

During my daily check-in with http://www.carnival.com/BookingEngine/FareViewer , I noticed that aft-wrap 6434 on the Triumph for our July 30th Western Carribean out of NOL became available. After talking to my husband, who said his only concern was money, I said "Oh, if THAT's your only concern, then we'll do it!" So I called Carnival and asked them to move us to that cabin. Yay!

Now I'm wondering, do any of you have a photo of what the sleeping situation will look like with three of us in the cabin? We will have our 15-year-old daughter with us.

NICE. I'm envious.

Unfortunately, you will have a rollaway bed for the third guest. That sucks.

Cabin 6434 9C OSTW 185/75 sq ft

Beds: twin/king rab:1

View: window and wrap-around balcony connecting balconies: 6432

TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; wall safe; 3-closets; shower; sofa and coffee table.

NICE. I'm envious.

Unfortunately, you will have a rollaway bed for the third guest. That sucks.

Cabin 6434 9C OSTW 185/75 sq ft

Beds: twin/king rab:1

Thanks for your response! I wonder if it's really a rollaway, or if it's a trundle? I've read both possibilities.