Show me your aft!

jhale

In addition to my wondering about the sleeping situation, I also wonder about the cabin and balcony size. The size listed doesn't seem to match up with the deckplan. For example, the size listed for the balcony is the same size listed for the extended balcony from whence we moved, but it is clearly larger. Anyone measured the cabin or the balcony, or have a ballpark? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

There was a door in the partition between 6483 and 6485 as you can see the top of it in this photo. We did not ask if it could be opened, but it looks like it could be. We did plan on having 6483 and 6481 open, but one of the couples that was coming with us that had 6481 had to cancel.

DSCN2580.jpg

Great thread, glad I found it, but I still haven't seen too many pictures of the Legend. We have cabin 8270 booked in Feb. Anyone with pics? It is not a wrap balcony, there are four extended balcony cabins and we are on the edge, next to a wrap, I assume.

Both rooms have to agree to the opening of the balcony doors. We were on the Valor and our friends had the Aft Wrap and we were next door. The steward can open this door and will leave it opened for the duration of the cruise. Enjoy!

This a fabulous thread! I never get tired of looking at all the pictures posted. We will be sailing in our first Suite ever which just happens to be an Aft Wrap on Miracle, #6329. I hope someone out there has pictures of this cabin inside and out! I get so excited dreaming about my upcoming Cruise! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all. I have thoroughly enjoye this thread. I am booked on the Miracle in Dec for our first cruise and luckily found an aft wrap, #4237. Because of this board and all of the great comments on these rooms, I decided to spend the extra $$$s.

Dec is still too far away.

Take care,

Garion33

I am curious. I have sailed on NCL Jade with a balcony just aft of mid ship and for the first few days the seas were pretty high and we really didn't notice much. How is the aft as far as turbulence when the seas are up?

My wife and I have definitely become converts to aft cabin cruising. We became super jealous when my cousin got suite 4237 on the Pride (see picture below), while we were stuck in the adjacent suite around the corner on the starboard side.

Since then, we have had aft cabins on the Miracle a couple of times, and once on the Azamara Journey. But come Halloween, we will be in Vista Suite 6260 on the Miracle for the Bare Necessities Fantasy Fest nude cruise. I can hardly wait for that one. :D

I can't see the photo in the preview of the post, so here is the web address: http://www.pbase.com/jgb911/image/136623748

• 3 weeks later...

For those that have had aft cabins on the Spirit-class ships, is there much noise or vibration from the propellers and aft machinery? Just curious, as we have had a cabin all the way forward on the Splendor and the noise from the bow thrusters was amazing on port days.

Thanks for the info. Now got to butter up DH for extra cost.:p

I showed my husband pics of a regular balcony and then the wrap balcony, and he went for it, to my surprise. (He tends to be, shall we say, cheap?!) We leave Dec 10th of Liberty.

WE have an aft booked on the Spirit this coming Oct. 7298.. We had one on the Liberty and it wasn't a suite:(, We needed the tub for the kiddo.Also the one on the Liberty was right below the Lido deck ..BIG mistake..People threw cig butts down on our balcony and also a few ice cream cones made it there..What a mess. And when they hosed off the lido deck where do you think all that mess went..So if you want to enjoy it in the morning it doesn't happen..When your steward comes in to clean he will do the balcony...But it won't help you till then. Don't book the aft balcony right under the lido..one down or two is the best..if you want alot of shade on the Spirit class book 4237 I think or its mirrored suite.

Both were Wraps

Edited by Thundertouch

And sunbathers the 4237 has some sun but not enough......The noise from the lido is pretty loud till late ..then about 3 am or so comes the scrapping of deck chairs as ther spray down the lido.....your balcony will be wet so be sure to look before sitting..also the balcony lights are turned off by the Bridge at night so don't plan on reading there at night unless you bring a book light. thats for the aft wraps and just the afts right below the Lido deck but the lights are for most all on wraps..:eek:

Edited by Thundertouch