San Pedro or Long Beach for RCL

lcs

We are cruising in Dec on the Mariner. We will be driving. I can't find out if the pier is in Long Beach or San Pedro. Does anyone know? Also, is it better to park at the pier or find a hotel that offers free parking? Thanks for your help.

We are cruising in Dec on the Mariner. We will be driving. I can't find out if the pier is in Long Beach or San Pedro. Does anyone know? Also, is it better to park at the pier or find a hotel that offers free parking? Thanks for your help.

If you park at the pier when you get off the ship - you just go to your car and away. If you go with the hotel package you wait for the shuttle.

Thanks so much for the information. Now I can make our hotel reservations. Not sure yet if we will park at the hotel or at the pier. Since we are driving we're in no hurry. But we may be driving friends to the airport. So we'll wait for them to make their air reservations before deciding where to park. I only know that we will be there the day before cruise departure. Thanks again!

I Feel $12.00 is reasonable. Do you know if it is a "lot" or a "parking structure"? We haven't decided if we will be driving the truck or car. With it being winter in MI and across the country it may be the truck. It has a 6.8 ft height. Thanks.

It's just a big open parking area. I have seen giant RVs parked there. Alot of the cruise people do a park and stay at one of the local hotels. We did that once but parking right outside of the ship is nice. Gets you back on the road pretty fast.

It's pretty easy to park there. If you're coming from the freeway (if you didn't stay in San Pedro), you get off the Harbor freeway at Harbor Blvd., stay in the center lane, and then you'll go across Harbor Blvd. and right into the entrance of the World Cruise Center. Whoever's driving can drive up to the berth, drop off the passengers and luggage, drive down to the lot, jump on the little shuttle driving around there or else just walk back up. Reverse the process after getting off the ship. You pay the parking when you leave. The last time I was there, for a tour of one ship, I got a parking spot so close, I couldn't believe it.

Many times, you'll be able to see your car before sailaway. I haven't heard of anyone having a problem with the lot.

Easy to park there, and as stated, it costs $12/day, but today when we arrived on the Sapphire Princess it took us 45 minutes to get out of the parking lot. VERY slow process with only 3 pay booths available. You can pay by credit card or cash.

Archived