Mysterious phone calls-upsell fairy??

carynman

We are headed out on the Glory 5/2 and I have had several "missed" calls from an area code (305) phone number this week. When I tried to call it back, the number says that it does not recieve incoming calls.

Is this the elusive upsell fairy as I know that Carnival's offices are in Miami? What do you think.

I hate that I've missed the calls but will but will have my phone glued to my side from now on!!!

my PVP said if we'd get upsell/upgrade calls, they would probably be coming soon. I can just picture myself taking the phone to every room in our house so i don't miss the call :eek:, but i'd definately say that if they don't take calls, it could be who it was! Keep that phone with you at all times. make sure you know the going rate of rooms, so they can't offer you something that isn't really a deal!

I missed a call today from a (305) area code as well. I called back and it was definitely Carnival but since they didn't leave a message I didn't bother trying to talk to anyone. Wonder if they'll try calling back...?

I missed a call today from a (305) area code as well. I called back and it was definitely Carnival but since they didn't leave a message I didn't bother trying to talk to anyone. Wonder if they'll try calling back...?

I see you are sailing on Splendor, so it was probably the robocall telling you not to arrive at the pier until 2pm. EM

I got the call today. They actually left a message. I gave a call back and got her VM. She called me back but I was on another call so I called her right back and said "Hi, this is Chad.. TAG, you're it" She laughed, I laughed and then came the pitch.

We have a balchony GTY. No room assignment as of yet and the suite she was offering sounded... well, sweet but I just cannot cough up another $850 right now. I doubt we'll be spending THAT much time in our room anyway. I would much rather use any extra dough for excursions and other stuff that we will get our money's worth on.

Also, she said she's calling people with special event's listed on their reservation first. Said she is starting with weddings, honeymoons and big anniversarys. This will be our honeymoon.

I got the call today. They actually left a message. I gave a call back and got her VM. She called me back but I was on another call so I called her right back and said "Hi, this is Chad.. TAG, you're it" She laughed, I laughed and then came the pitch.

We have a balchony GTY. No room assignment as of yet and the suite she was offering sounded... well, sweet but I just cannot cough up another $850 right now. I doubt we'll be spending THAT much time in our room anyway. I would much rather use any extra dough for excursions and other stuff that we will get our money's worth on.

Also, she said she's calling people with special event's listed on their reservation first. Said she is starting with weddings, honeymoons and big anniversarys. This will be our honeymoon.

So what you're saying is that every time we book a cruise from now own we should make sure we tell them it's our 75th wedding anniversary.

I, too, received and ignored about four calls from a number that I didn't know. After a few days, I thought, maybe upsell or upgrade fairy calling.

Sure enough it was Carnival, but they were calling to offer me a little ditty in the MDR for our 25th wedding anniversary that we will be celebrating. Free cake, free wine, no cost!!! What a deal!!!

Needless to say, I will be looking a little closer at those calls from here until sail away just in case!!!

Happy Cruising!!!

I, too, received and ignored about four calls from a number that I didn't know. After a few days, I thought, maybe upsell or upgrade fairy calling.

Sure enough it was Carnival, but they were calling to offer me a little ditty in the MDR for our 25th wedding anniversary that we will be celebrating. Free cake, free wine, no cost!!! What a deal!!!

Needless to say, I will be looking a little closer at those calls from here until sail away just in case!!!

Happy Cruising!!!

That is very nice! Congrats on the anniversary! :)

So what you're saying is that every time we book a cruise from now own we should make sure we tell them it's our 75th wedding anniversary.

We weren't celebrating anything and we still got the call. We've only sailed once before on Carnival and it was about 17 years ago so it's not like we were platinum either. We have friends going on the same cruise and he's celebrating a birthday. They didn't get a call. Must be luck of the draw?

Yep, 305 is carnival. They have always left us messages if we don't pick up. Got an early upesell call this year, but it was barely less then the online listed price of the room (suite), and since we have had suites on CCL before, we turned it down. Have not gotten a follow up call with a better deal as of yet, cruise in 2 weeks............

Archived