Question about the Connections Party aboard the Solstice

Sailfish

Does anyone know the day of the week, time and location where the Cruise Critic Connection's Party is held aboard the Solstice?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Suzi

These parties are not always at the same time, but you can pretty much count on it being at 10 or 11 a.m. on your first sea day. You will get an invite when you arrive at your cabin. If you don't get one, contact the Captains Club or

Activities desk right away and find out when and where and at what time your party is. Location may vary according to the size of your CC group. I did a B2B on Solstice in February. The parties were not in the same location, but one group was much larger than the other.

Just returned from 4-4 Solstice

We had well in excess of 100 registered

More than 1/2 said that they did NOT receive an invitation., and only about 15 showed up.

Our party was morning of 1st sea day (Monday ) deck 14 forward. ( can't

remember name of the room.

If it is not in your cabin when you check in, call for info.

I am taking a group from Cruise Critic on the cruise with me, but I am concerned that the time of the party will conflict with our Pre-Dive Orientation, which is scheduled for the first day at sea at 9:30am. If I knew the time the party starts, I may be able to reschedule the group meeting. I am sort of at the mercy of the cruise line, who reserved the conference room for the group - not sure if I can reschedule, but knowing the start time of the party would be helpful

Thanks.

Ours was 11am, first sea day, in Sky Observation lounge. Many did not get the invite, and we passed word around at our sailaway party. We all figured it was a fluke, sorry to hear it's a recurring problem.

How long ago was that?

On the 4/4 sailing, it was at 11:15 in the Sky Lounge the first sea day (first day). They served coffee, ice water and cookies (I think). Someone from our group brought name tags. A lot did not get the invitations. John, the Cruise director was there and someone else.

Sailfish, we sail 06/27, right behind you. Let us know how the Connections Party goes and anything else you think interesting. We were going to do back-to-back, but we are going to Australia/New Zealand this fall (land tour) so we're saving our money. Our CC party on HA was awesome, Mimosas, Bloody Mary's, etc. It was well attended and great to meet folks we had talked with on-line. I've been told that Celebrity's get together is not as robust as Holland America, still will be nice to meet other CC fans. (So, if Celebrity is reading this, what's up with that!).

Sailfish, we sail 06/27, right behind you. Let us know how the Connections Party goes and anything else you think interesting. We were going to do back-to-back, but we are going to Australia/New Zealand this fall (land tour) so we're saving our money. Our CC party on HA was awesome, Mimosas, Bloody Mary's, etc. It was well attended and great to meet folks we had talked with on-line. I've been told that Celebrity's get together is not as robust as Holland America, still will be nice to meet other CC fans. (So, if Celebrity is reading this, what's up with that!).

Whats up?:) They usually offer coffee, tea, juice and pastries.

As for being robust, I guess that depends on the people on the roll call

and how friendly everyone is...I have been to some connections gatherings where it was really nice,

while other times, not many people showed up.

I don't think that part is on the cruiseline....it depends on the people chatting on the roll call.

If you are asking about why they don't serve liquor? Guess they don't

feel the need.

I am doing back to back voyages on the Solstice - so I will still be on the ship on June 27th. See you there, maybe!

Suzi

Archived