Can ANYONE comment on Freedom forward oceanview family staterooms??

Specifically we have 8200. Which seems to me if I look at the deck plans it "looks" bigger than others.

I am excited to have a roomy cabin for a change!

Can anyone give any input? Sailed in one?

If you have, how did you find the walk from being so far forward all the time?

The other question I had is if we take the forward elevators up to the pool deck, is there a way "around" the Solarium? We will have 3 kids with us and know we are not supposed to fo traipsing through there.... can you get around it without going through on that deck??????????????

THANKS!

I was eyeing this cabin, only on Voyager, for myself and kids. I found that they don't want to reserve it to a group of fewer than five. I'm told that, as it gets closer to sail date, they sometimes will sell that space to as few as two people.

You can see the room layout on Royal's website, if that helps. Isn't there generally a more forward elevator on most ships? I doubt the walk would be an issue. You'd probably get more motion that far forward, however.

Afraid that's all the info I have.

If you put "Freedom of the seas cabin 8200" into a search engine it will give you pages for photos on that cabin, it does look very spacious. My parents had a cabin the deck below I belive, and they had no complaints about motion, the walk from the forward lifts wasnt very far neither.

I have sailed in a family cabin like that but on deck 7. It is very spacious. If it is within like 8 weeks to sailing they will let a smaller group than 5 sail in there. That's how we did it. It isn't very far at all to the foward elavotors. You can walk through the salarium with your kids as that isn't a problem. Very nice and spacious cabin with two portholes. Would recommend it to anyone.

I have sailed in a family cabin like that but on deck 7. It is very spacious. If it is within like 8 weeks to sailing they will let a smaller group than 5 sail in there. That's how we did it. It isn't very far at all to the foward elavotors. You can walk through the salarium with your kids as that isn't a problem. Very nice and spacious cabin with two portholes. Would recommend it to anyone.

we had 9200 on the mariner. absolutely huge. we got it 2 months out for two people. I was intrigued with the one on deck 8, but never got to see it. the long walk is good for you. nice vierw of helipad also

We stayed in 8200 last year but on mariner of the seas, which I have been told is the same. Very nice, has separate bedroom for the parents, a bedroom with bunk beds with a door for the kids and has a pull out bed from the couch. You will like it very much, enjoy your cruise

Hi there, the FOV staterooms are very nice. We just sailed on Voyager in #9500 with 2 adults and 2 kids after upgrading 2 months out when RCI opened it up for parties of less than 5. View forward is really nice including helipad. I have posted many pictures of our cabin here. I think all of the FOV cabins are the same except the two on deck 8.

http://picasaweb.google.com/110941265225025825408/RCIVoyagerClassStateroom9500FamilyOceanview?feat=directlink

Hope these pictures help you with your cabin selection even if this isn't from Freedom class.

Archived