AQ stateroom ?

rozen

To the OP,

Thanks so much for asking this question. I would never have thought that there would be a lighted magnifying mirror. Saves me from packing one.

Another question: The person who took the pictures said that there were no bedside tables. Is this true? My husband needs one to put his CPAP on. Any suggestion on how to handle this?

those pics should be saved as a bookmark--most detailed I have seen so far -- cabin is pretty much the same as standard cabin--but they have no magnifying mirror or flowers like that in them.,,,,

Another question: The person who took the pictures said that there were no bedside tables. Is this true? My husband needs one to put his CPAP on. Any suggestion on how to handle this?

There are small stands with open shelves on each side of the bed. Very poor design IMO; drawers would be much better. The phone takes up nearly all the top shelve space on one side. The open shelves are not good for much of anything except for materials than cannot roll off (during rolling seas).

To the OP,

Thanks so much for asking this question. I would never have thought that there would be a lighted magnifying mirror. Saves me from packing one.

I am the person who took the picture posted on this thread. I don't think I said that there were no bedside tables, but they ARE very tiny. There is about enough room for a novel, but not for my glasses as well, unless they are lying on top of the novel. Some people have posted that they managed to put their CPAP machine on the lower shelf, or on the floor. You might find more information by doing a search for Solstice + CPAP.

451752482_5J4rv-M.jpg

451750726_SUome-L.jpg

I am the person who took the picture posted on this thread. I don't think I said that there were no bedside tables, but they ARE very tiny. There is about enough room for a novel, but not for my glasses as well, unless they are lying on top of the novel. Some people have posted that they managed to put their CPAP machine on the lower shelf, or on the floor. You might find more information by doing a search for Solstice + CPAP.

Thank you so much for all the wonderful cabin pictures and descriptions. I just booked my first S class cruise in Aqua class, and now I'm even more excited.

Cynthia

Oh my goodness. That above photo of the split beds really shows how small both the bedside tables are, AND how small the bedroom space is. Too close for comfort if you are sharing a stateroom. Might as well have the beds together! Those twins are like the separated beds in Europe. No way you can get out on the inside. They should put two tables together in the middle. Come to think of it, isn't that usually the way it is done when you separate the beds?

I'll have to check out the other photos. The magnifying mirror that we had on the HAL Eurodam was so weird, that it gave me a headache trying to look in it. On the Noordam and Oosterdam, they were fine. :rolleyes: I found the bathrooms have the better lighting, anyway.

Hi,

We heartily agree that the bedside stands on the S-class ships are a very poor feature, if not THE poorest feature, of the lower-than-suite-category staterooms.

CPAPs, will work on the miniscule bedside stands if you put the phone & notepad on the shelf and base below and reserve the top for the CPAP.

Here's a photo of the bedside stand:

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2373682340099099348rZrmsI

Here's a photo with my CPAP on the stand:

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2757041660099099348jkHLin

My CPAP is a smaller model, therefore it fit within the raised lip on the stand. Larger machines won't be able to sit level.

Here's a photo of my partner's VPAP (which is larger and would not sit level on the stand):

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2973423340099099348vAXnvw

Having a place for our breathing machines was a major concern prior to our first cruise on the S-class ships. We'd seen the advance photos of the staterooms and knew we might face a challenge getting the bedside stands to work. Thankfully, as the pictures demonstrate, it will work.

It will make it inconvenient to use the phone and/or its' message services, but using the CPAP is a bit more important. ;)

Wishing you a marvelous cruise. We think you're going to fall in love with the S-class ships!

CM

My husband and I both use CPAP machines. This is very important for us. I am now worried about using our machines. While they are only a little over a year old they are not shaped the same and are more square. Do you think there is a chair that I could put near my side? Wow all this money spent on a room and I will have a problem with medical equipment.

Any suggestions?

Hi,

Dorene, I wouldn't worry about it. If your machines don't fit "fore & aft" on the bedside stand, turn them sideways and it should still work.

The stands, though poorly designed, are very stable and appeared to be fairly sturdy. I don't think you'll have a problem with machine positioning. If you do, speak to your Steward that first afternoon and see if he/she can bring you something like a tray to sit on the top of the stand to hold the CPAP.

CM

Archived