Addicted to Cruising

Cre

The intervention on the Oasis didn't work. We did the Oasis in Dec and now we are doing the Emerald Princess next month. Then in Sept. we will try the intervention on the Oais again, but I'm sure we will book something while we are there. Hi I'm Regina and a cruise a holic and proud of it.

I got this email years ago & continue to tell hubby that this is what we will do

About 2 years ago we were on a cruise through the western

Mediterranean aboard a Princess liner. At dinner we noticed an elderly

lady sitting alone along the rail of the grand stairway in the main dining

room. I also noticed that all the staff, ships officers, waiters, busboys,

etc., all seemed very familiar with this lady. I asked our waiter whom the

lady was expecting to be told she owned the line, but he said he only knew

that she had been on board for the last four cruises, back to back.

As we left the dining room one evening I caught her eye and stopped to

say hello. We chatted and I said, "I understand you've been on this ship

for the last four cruises". She replied, "Yes, that's true." I stated, "I

don't understand?"

She replied without a pause, "It's cheaper than a nursing home".

Here's the proof -- when I get old and feeble, I am going to get on a

Princess Cruise Ship.

The average cost for a nursing home is $200 per day. I have checked on

reservations at Princess and I can get a long term discount and senior

discount price of $135 per day. That leaves $65 a day for:

1. Gratuities which will only be $10 per day.

2. I will have as many as 10 meals a day if I can waddle to the

restaurant, or I can have room service (which means I can have breakfast in bed

every day of the week).

3. Princess has as many as three swimming pools, a workout room, free

washers and dryers, and shows every night.

4. They have free toothpaste and razors, and free soap and shampoo.

5. They will even treat you like a customer, not a patient. An extra $5

worth of tips will have the entire staff scrambling to help you.

6. I will get to meet new people every 7 or 14 days.

7. TV broken? Light bulb need changing? Need to have the mattress

replaced? No Problem! They will fix everything and apologize for your

inconvenience.

8. Clean sheets and towels every day, and you don't even have to ask for them.

9. If you fall in the nursing home and break a hip you are on Medicare.

If you fall and break a hip on the Princess ship they will upgrade you to a

suite for the rest of your life.

Now hold on for the best! Do you want to see South America, the Panama

Canal, Tahiti, Australia, New Zealand, Asia, or name where you want to go?

Princess will have a ship ready to go. So don't look for me in a nursing

home, just call shore to ship.

P. S. And don't forget, when you die, they just dump you over the side at

no charge.

I'm sure this "story" has been posted before, but I have not seen it, and thoroughly enjoyed it:D. Thanks! The justifications for cruising versus a nursing home have merit LOL.

Hi, my name is Mike and I have not had a cruise in 740 days. This is not good!! Need to book a cruise now.....

Not sure if we are cruise aholics but we do enjoy cruising. We went on the Oasis in January and will be on the Freedom of the Seas next week. We also have cruises booked for September (Freedom), November(Liberty), December(Liberty), January 2011 (Allure), and Sept 2011(Oasis). Still need to fill in some more dates for 2011 and yes I do have a full time job but you have to take vacations sometime.

I'm sure this "story" has been posted before, but I have not seen it, and thoroughly enjoyed it:D. Thanks! The justifications for cruising versus a nursing home have merit LOL.

Hi, my name is Mike and I have not had a cruise in 740 days. This is not good!! Need to book a cruise now.....

How have you survived...I don't think I could go that long without a cruise.

Oh Sorry, Hi my name is Carrie and I am a cruise-a-holic! Well me my call me the cruise queen...I like that title :D

We have three cruises currently book and they are exactly 6 months apart, not sure how long my DH will let me keep that pace up!

I thought my life was over in Dec when I had to cancel a cruise because I got put in the hospital...that was harder to take than the health issue. Yeah I know its sad...I need help! But in the meantime, I am going to have fun cruising!!! ;)

I'm on anti-cruising medication and it's not working.

My doctor keeps increasing the dosages, but still not working.

I need an intervention.

I found a cure...now I take ski trips :) next week Utah ! Oasis in November

I can totally admit that I am a cruise addict. Currently have 18 booked until October of 2011 and will book more when I get on the Adventure of the Seas in 2 weeks. Though, you do have to admit that it is one of the best addictions that anyone can have.

Lisa

:eek: My dear friend, I do believe you are heading toward ODing :D

Not sure if we are cruise aholics but we do enjoy cruising. We went on the Oasis in January and will be on the Freedom of the Seas next week. We also have cruises booked for September (Freedom), November(Liberty), December(Liberty), January 2011 (Allure), and Sept 2011(Oasis). Still need to fill in some more dates for 2011 and yes I do have a full time job but you have to take vacations sometime.

Yes, you are cruise addicted :p.

Welcome Karter

Any of you willing to admit to shedding a few tears upon disembarking??

Not on disembarking, but the day before as we left St. Thomas. It's a tradition with me - St. Thomas has always been our last stop before returning and I'm always standing on the balcony just bawling!

OK someone tell me - how can I book a cruise for 2014 to celebrate my oldest son's high school graduation? Me? Addicted? Never!;):rolleyes: My kids? Addicted? After only one cruise? Never!;):rolleyes:

Ive been hooked since 1988... I was 7 and my parents took me on "The Big Red Boat" which was then Disney's cruise line. After that, I dreamed more about going on a cruise than going to Disney World itself!!! I didnt take another cruise until 2007, when I was able to convince my husband that he wouldnt feel "trapped with nothing to do". Since then, he has been somewhat addicted too (not as much as me!) and we try to take at least one per year. I am so happy to say I now get to introduce my love of cruising to my son later this year on Oasis! I cant wait!!!:D

I so love my addiction to crusing, I get teased about all of my cruises at work, but I just laugh -- if only they knew! Such an affordable, relaxing, exciting break from everyday life. And such an easy way to sample the world.

Once standing at the ship's rail, I thought "time to think about my problems" Couldn't think of any!!

I feel blessed to be addicted to crusing--thank heavens I found this piece of heaven on the ocean.

I was so close to crying the last night on my 1st cruise. Especially at the farewell show. It was depressing because I had no idea if I would ever be able to cruise again. I didn't even know how to find and book one. We were on the coatails of our friends. I soon found that a junkie always finds a way to get his drug :p.

I'll admit it. I literally walked off our first "Freedom" cruise crying. When my husband and I got married in 2000 he had never been on a cruise. He agreed to go on vacation every 2-3 years. I had to practically drag him on our first cruise together. He fell in love with cruising like me but he is (WAS) a work-aholic until he was diagnosed with Stage IV cancer. If you check my signature you can see our frequency of crusing certainly has changed. We don't live beyond our means and I work two jobs so we can cruise more frequently. We enjoy each and every day we have together and no days are more enjoyable then when we are sitting on our balcony, drink in hand, watching the world go by. Today I will be booking our 8-night cruise on Liberty for next March. The only thing that keeps me from crying as we disembark is having the next cruise planned or booked.

People I work with make jokes and don't understand my cruise addiction but I don't care. It's cheaper than a week at the Jersey Shore. :) Who knows what tomorrow has in store for us but I will always cherish my cruise days and thank God that we are able to cruise as often as we do.

I'll admit it. I literally walked off our first "Freedom" cruise crying. When my husband and I got married in 2000 he had never been on a cruise. He agreed to go on vacation every 2-3 years. I had to practically drag him on our first cruise together. He fell in love with cruising like me but he is (WAS) a work-aholic until he was diagnosed with Stage IV cancer. If you check my signature you can see our frequency of crusing certainly has changed. We don't live beyond our means and I work two jobs so we can cruise more frequently. We enjoy each and every day we have together and no days are more enjoyable then when we are sitting on our balcony, drink in hand, watching the world go by. Today I will be booking our 8-night cruise on Liberty for next March. The only thing that keeps me from crying as we disembark is having the next cruise planned or booked.

People I work with make jokes and don't understand my cruise addiction but I don't care. It's cheaper than a week at the Jersey Shore. :) Who knows what tomorrow has in store for us but I will always cherish my cruise days and thank God that we are able to cruise as often as we do.

I'm so sorry about your husbands cancer. Thankful you two can enjoy lots of special times togehter.

I have friends who give me a hard time about cruising too but it is my life & my money.

Hi, I'm Ken and I AM a cruise-a-holic. Our first (DW & I, DS was an infant but has since joined us on board) was 1987 2nd 2001. since then we have been fortunate enough to do 3 more. When we returned from our December 2009 we booked Oasis for Jan 2011. My DW (and I MEAN DEAR wife) called me on St. Patricks day asking/telling me she wanted to book a 5 night because she couldn't wait until Jan. Smart woman.

We decided we work to pay for cruises. One of the things that keeps me sane between sailings is using the RCI mouse given to me by one of my first CC M&M friends (HI JAN !).

For those that are anti-cruise, I am truly sorry. You don't know what you are missing, but, on the other hand, - - - - there is no other hand.

We have met a lot of great people on a ship and hope to meet even more.

Boy am I long winded. Sorry but you got me sarted talking about cruising.

i get by the daily routine having a cruise on the horizon. my depression starts the last night of the cruise puttingout luggage.

I can REALLY relate. That's why a few cruises back we learned to pack very light and now we REFUSE to give up the last night of a cruise with packing and setting out...ya da ya da.

We pack the final morning and just roll it out ourselves.

Oh....I am Mitch and I am a hopeless Cruise-a-holic. In fact I need a 12-step call right now...oh...too late; just made my final payment for our first European cruise...14 glorious days on the Indy. May be tough to pack light for THIS one :)

My significant other gets on me because I am always searching for the NEXT cruise..

"We haven't paid for THIS one yet!!!" (but I have her hooked as well...yes I am a cruise pusher; I admit it.)

Mitch

Hi, I'm Ken and I AM a cruise-a-holic. Our first (DW & I, DS was an infant but has since joined us on board) was 1987 2nd 2001. since then we have been fortunate enough to do 3 more. When we returned from our December 2009 we booked Oasis for Jan 2011. My DW (and I MEAN DEAR wife) called me on St. Patricks day asking/telling me she wanted to book a 5 night because she couldn't wait until Jan. Smart woman.

We decided we work to pay for cruises. One of the things that keeps me sane between sailings is using the RCI mouse given to me by one of my first CC M&M friends (HI JAN !).

For those that are anti-cruise, I am truly sorry. You don't know what you are missing, but, on the other hand, - - - - there is no other hand.

We have met a lot of great people on a ship and hope to meet even more.

Boy am I long winded. Sorry but you got me sarted talking about cruising.

Hi Ken

We are among the addicts too. Glad you are getting use out of the mouse. When that cruise bug bites he really infects one. In Oct. we are going on the Navigator the ship that "forced" us to do more cruises. We will probably check out the Oasis in Jan. We also have a cruise booked for next April for the Panama Canal. We can't wait that long from our cruise after the Navigator in Oct. until next April so we will go in January.

Jan

Next month on Oasis will only be my and DBF's 3rd cruise but I can tell we're already addicted. If we had more money, we'd def. be booking more. We started young (20 and 22) so we'll probably have tons of cruises under our belts by the time we're 40.

When we booked again this year, my mom said "I thought you had already done the cruising thing... thought you'd want to do something different this year."

She obviously doesn't understand cruising.

We need to start a group for us (DH is same as yours)--Cruise-anon for family of non-cruisers! DH is not as enamored of it as kids and I are. Still trying to convince him to ditch the family and cruise for T'giving.

I wanted to do the same thing but my DH said no he would rather do Christmas week. I would rather do Thanksgiving but he thinks it is too close to our August cruise.. It took me 10 years to get him on a cruise ship now I cant get him off...

Archived