Marina's La Reserve

JBVols

How do you think the reservations will work for the La Reserve food and wine pairings. Will anyone be able to make a reservation or will these be private affairs? Will there be a surcharge for this restaurant?

These are guesses, and your guess is as good as mine. There will almost certainly be a charge for the average passenger to reserve La Reserve, although I suspect that charge will be waived for certain groups -- organizers of Wine Cruises, for example, and certain parties sponsored by Oceania, such as possible Cruise Critic parties.

It's also a guess, but I think the room will also be offered to individual passengers for ship-sponsored wine pairings, at a per-person rate, much as the wine and spirits tastings are now offered. The big difference is that it is a dedicated space for such occasions, with a seating capacity of 24 diners, and stand-up capacity for somewhat more; a dedicated outer "patio" area on the deck outside the room, and it's own galley.

How do you think the reservations will work for the La Reserve food and wine pairings. Will anyone be able to make a reservation or will these be private affairs? Will there be a surcharge for this restaurant?

I think that one of the things that Oceania is most excited about, on the Marina, is that there will be more flexibility for events and private parties, because of the larger number of restaurants.

While Privee is the true "private party room" it's size will necessarily limit affairs there to those intimate enough for a passenger to host.

La Reserve has often been mentioned as a good location for the Cruise Critic Groups to meet, and it really is a superb space, it actually opens onto a sheltered outdoor terrace, which would be a fantastic area for a pre or after dinner drink.

I can easily see a winery or a vineyard "sponsoring" events at La Reserve to introduce passengers to new products.

On the whole, though, La Reserve will be a functioning restaurant, available to all passengers, on a reserved basis.

I'm not sure if you can accurately call the fees' for la Reserve a restaurant surcharge, as they will be based on the wine pairings that are being purchased.

As those fees are certain to be tied into the quality of the wines, I doubt that they will be announced in advance.

Although it is still over nine months until the Marina is officially launched, some information on La Reserve has already been released.

Like Polo, Red Ginger, Jacques and the others, reservations will be required in advance. No doubt, as on the other ships, these reservations will be at no cost, but will be controlled due to the limited seating.

While there will be no charge for La Reserve - that is, the dinner itself, there will be a charge levied for the wine tastings and pairings.

At other times, I understand there may be wine tastings only - no dinner included, but there will be a charge. (Even California wineries, who for years made no charge for their tasting rooms are now charging!)

So do you think it will be along the lines of Le Champagne on Silversea where they charge $200 for dinner with wine pairings (very good wines, I admit)?

I see the wine pairings being offered at several different price-points.

It will be interesting to see how they organize that.

Perhaps they will change something at your place setting to let the server know which wines you've ordered?

Whatever the process, we're very excited about La Reserve, and hope to dine there often!

Sometimes, you just want the Sommelier to guide your palate :rolleyes:

Whatever the process, we're very excited about La Reserve, and hope to dine there often!

Often on the same voyage or often in that you will take many voyages and hope to dine often over several voyages?

I mention this because I do very much hope that everyone who wants to participate in La Reserve evenings gets the opportunity to do so at least once before others get repeat evenings there, regardless whether they are in suites or other staterooms.

I hope you agree. :)

Often on the same voyage or often in that you will take many voyages and hope to dine often over several voyages?

I mention this because I do very much hope that everyone who wants to participate in La Reserve evenings gets the opportunity to do so at least once before others get repeat evenings there, regardless whether they are in suites or other staterooms.

I hope you agree. :)

We do agree, especially since the other restaurants (excepting Waves) also employ very proficient wine stewards.

It will be lovely if La Reserve turns out to be as popular as you envision it.

We certainly wish them every success.

• 7 months later...

Not sure if anyone noticed the pricing for the La Reserve & Privee or not but they DO have a charge as I suspected

La Reserve dinners are $75 per guest and can be reserved by logging into your Already Booked account or by contacting Reservations at 800-531-5619.

This dining extravaganza can be reserved for $1,000 per evening for a party of up to 8 guests. To reserve Privée for the evening, log into your Already Booked account or by contacting Reservations at 800-531-5619.

La Reserve can be booked per person, whereas Privee you have to " buy " the whole table.

On maiden voyage , I was informed they have two evenings for bookable dinners in La Reserve, and every night for Privee. Perhaps they'll open up more nights at La Reserve when the two evenings sell out.

Not sure if anyone noticed the pricing for the La Reserve & Privee or not but they DO have a charge as I suspected

La Reserve dinners are $75 per guest and can be reserved by logging into your Already Booked account or by contacting Reservations at 800-531-5619.

This dining extravaganza can be reserved for $1,000 per evening for a party of up to 8 guests. To reserve Privée for the evening, log into your Already Booked account or by contacting Reservations at 800-531-5619.

And if you can reserve, it looks like it MAY, I emphasize MAY count towards one of your advanced dining spots. My res for Marina 1/22/2010 sailing doesn't show that available (but all dining spots are already taken)

And if you can reserve, it looks like it MAY, I emphasize MAY count towards one of your advanced dining spots. My res for Marina 1/22/2010 sailing doesn't show that available (but all dining spots are already taken)

I do not think it will for those 2 restaurants ... you will be paying to eat in them so as long as they are available & you pay the fee you can can reserve a spot

Lyn

You can simply book them by calling Oceania at 1-800-531-5619, press #2.

After you've booked and paid for the reservation, your TA will get an updated statement reflecting the purchase to send to you.

This is an item on your statement just like the air deviation fee, transfer, shore excursion, etc.

So online, where do you pay the fee? I don't see it under dining reservations.

I do not think they have it set up for online payment I cannot see my dining choices yet so cannot tell

Check under Already Booked then Manage Your Trip then Onboard options they are listed there

Maybe someone who is allowed to book reservations now can check :confused:

If you are interested in getting an early booking I would just call O

Lyn

Just called Oceania...

La Reserve can be reserved at any time. Since I had already made final payment, I had to pay for the reservation over the phone. I am assuming if you can make the reservation before you make your final payment it would be added to your statement.

For our cruise, The Inaugural Passage, there are 2 nights--the 19th and 21st. She didn't know how the tables are set up. I couldn't reserve a table for any set number. She seems to think they will be larger tables so that it is a group activity, which makes sense.

I also inquired about the cooking classes. She told me that at this time the reservations for the classes will occur onboard and there will be plenty of them from which to choose.

J

I also inquired about the cooking classes. She told me that at this time the reservations for the classes will occur onboard and there will be plenty of them from which to choose.

You can book those online now just check under Already Booked then Manage Your Trip then Onboard options they are listed there

You probably pay upfront for those also

Lyn

You can book those online now just check under Already Booked then Manage Your Trip then Onboard options they are listed there

You probably pay upfront for those also

Lyn

When this function was working you could. But it has been several days since this function worked.

When this function was working you could. But it has been several days since this function worked.

Ok I just looked there but did not go past the reserve feature

The times for the Chocolate classes on our cruise were on port days ...so will wait to see if any spaces left when the time comes if we decide not to go ashore

Lyn

Archived