Millennium HC cabin question

phinn

Just booked #7137 on the Millie for Alaska 2011. I had wanted a CC cabin, but that class does not have HC. My TA recommended I take the HC because they are hard to get as booking progresses. My DH does not require a WC all the time, but uses a knee roller a lot of the time due to partial amputation of his foot. I am feeling like I am taking a cabin that someone else would need a lot more than us, and after looking at the only picture I could find of a HC room, I have been in limbo thinking I should change to CC cabin. Main concern is the shower of course, but I believe we could deal with that. TA says I can always switch as cruise gets closer, but I am taking southbound cruise and want to assure myself I will get port side cabin. Any thoughts or pictures of a Millie HC cabin? Sorry to ramble, but the boards are so helpful, and I am undecided on this one.

Hi phinn,

We have just booked a 2011 Alaska southbound cruise on Millenium. There are three C1 cabins on the aft of the ship. They are 7212, 8176, and 9164. We love the aft cabins as you have a 180 degree view of the scenery. It is farther to walk to the elevators from these cabins. If you search the cabin numbers on this board, you may find the pictures of the cabin you want to view. Any of the four M class ships have the same cabin configurations. Look for 7137, 7139, 7141, and 7143 which are the four port HC cabins on Constellation, Infinity, Millenium, or Summit.

I think you should keep the handicapped cabin because if there is alot of movement on the ship, the grab bars in the shower and by the commode will be extremely important to your husband. We have experienced storms where my husband really needed them.

Hope this helps a little.

Judy

Agree with everything Judy said - there are accessible CC cabins, but perhaps they are all already booked on your cruise. We had 7212 on Infinity last summer so you can see pictures in our album.

Also, keep the HC cabin. Cruise ship bathrooms are really hard to navigate for someone who uses any kind of assistive device. They are there for your needs, use them.

Thank you both for your input. I did see the aft cabins actually, and I wouldn't mind trying one for sure, but DH tells me it makes him woosey to see the water from that view. (don't ask)... I hear what you are saying, and I'm contemplating just booking sky suite to get the tub shower. I will hold onto the HC though, my DD also thinks I should. Thanks again, it's always good to get someone else's point of view.

• 3 months later...
Just booked #7137 on the Millie for Alaska 2011. I had wanted a CC cabin, but that class does not have HC. My TA recommended I take the HC because they are hard to get as booking progresses. My DH does not require a WC all the time, but uses a knee roller a lot of the time due to partial amputation of his foot. I am feeling like I am taking a cabin that someone else would need a lot more than us, and after looking at the only picture I could find of a HC room, I have been in limbo thinking I should change to CC cabin. Main concern is the shower of course, but I believe we could deal with that. TA says I can always switch as cruise gets closer, but I am taking southbound cruise and want to assure myself I will get port side cabin. Any thoughts or pictures of a Millie HC cabin? Sorry to ramble, but the boards are so helpful, and I am undecided on this one.

I too have booked that same room for 2011 - May.... When are u taking your cruise... If I go before you I would be happy to post some pics when we get back....

Archived