Train from Anchorage to Port in Seward

Monkey30

Hi.. I'm looking for any kind of information about this 5 hour train ride. My group and I are booked on it for our July cruise. One of the things we're wondering about is, once we arrive in Seward, will we take our own luggage from the train to the ship, or, will it just be delivered to the ship? Thanks, in advance, for any information you can provide!

I called Alaska Railroad and they told me to make sure our cruise luggage tags are on our checked luggage and that they will transport them to the ship.

My family and I are also planning on taking the regular Alaska Railroad train arriving in Seward the morning of our embarkation day on our Holland America cruise. Did Alaska Railroad state that the luggage transfer is available for their regular Coastal Classic run leaving Anchorage at 6:45am? I understand that the pier is only about half a mile from the train depot but with a small child and four pieces of luggage to handle, this transfer would be quite helpful. It would also allow us time to explore Seward prior to boarding.

This comes up every year. I am one to always verify my own luggage, and check it at the ship myself. I suggest you verify this directly, in Seward and at baggage check in Anchorage.

The OP is talking about independently booked Alaska RR and NOT the cruise contracted train??

• 1 month later...

Archived