Sausages for breakfast

Wellpark

Yes proper sausages and proper bacon too - back bacon, not that fatty streaky stuff they serve on American ships! Also I noticed last week on Azura there was Lyons ground coffee bags in the cabin, for a fresh brewed coffee, and a box of assorted teabag in a box to choose from including liptons breakfast tea.

British cooked breakfasts on British based ships.

Fantastic!

When I first started to read about the 'Britishness' of P & 0 I started to wonder if we had chosen the right cruise.

Now, the more I read, the more excited I get. There is usually a point in the oliday when I start to long for home. I love the experience of new cultures, however the familier is also comforting and something simple like your favourite food or drink balances the familiar with the exotic.

Thanks for the posts.

Black pudding is also available!

I had the 'p&o breakfast' last Sunday morning on Azura and had black and white pudding...(which I left as didn't fancy it but it was there), With small piece of liver, back bacon, 1 egg and 1 sausage.

On the menu you can have a assortment of whatever you want, for example

2 eggs, 1 sausages, 3 rashers of bacon, beans, hash, etc you just quote the quantity from the list of whats available, also specials every day. Or waffles and maple syrup, whatever.

I usually just have 2 scrambled eggs and toast, but had the fully monty this time as a one-off treat, only eat cooked when on holiday!

The Food on P&O is fantastic, especially breakfast and afternoon tea....... you get real sausages and bacon and real tea...... I could go on but I am making myself hungry. If you like traditional British food you just can't go wrong.

Chris

Proper breakfast.....and waffles! Are they fresh made from batter?

I had waffles on Celebrity and they were almost worth my total loyalty since. Too new to cruising to have a favourite cruise line, but those waffles were fantastic!

We are in planning a cruise on Azura for next year previously cruising with

Celebrity, where we could have a cooked breakfast delivered to our

cabin at no additional cost, is this the same for P & O, I don't mind

paying a supplement for this service, nothing better than starting the

day having a 'cookie' on the balcony.

Mrs Blue Sky:)

breakfast and afternoon tea....... you get real sausages and bacon and real tea......

Chris

Have to agree about Afternoonn Tea on P&O.

It really is Great in the restaurant,

However in the Lido deck Buffet I had two rather disapointing experiences so I went to the main dining room for the remainder of the cruise.:)

Yes proper sausages and proper bacon too - back bacon, not that fatty streaky stuff they serve on American ships! Also I noticed last week on Azura there was Lyons ground coffee bags in the cabin, for a fresh brewed coffee, and a box of assorted teabag in a box to choose from including liptons breakfast tea.

British cooked breakfasts on British based ships.

You have to make your own coffee? Seriously?

We are in planning a cruise on Azura for next year previously cruising with

Celebrity, where we could have a cooked breakfast delivered to our

cabin at no additional cost, is this the same for P & O, I don't mind

paying a supplement for this service, nothing better than starting the

day having a 'cookie' on the balcony.

Mrs Blue Sky:)

Sorry no cooked breakfast delivered to standard balcony cabins, but if in a suite you can ofcourse have a full cooked breakfast delivered.....All cabin grades can have 'free' room service breakfast of croissants,cereals, toast,danish,yogurts, fruit juice ,tea and coffee, but nothing to stop you getting some sausages, bacon, fruit platter whatever from the ss restaurant and taking it back to your balcony to eat.:)

Thank you Sue for the update on cooked breakfast, we have travelled

previously with Celebrity and that was one of the things we enjoyed about that cruise line having a 'cookie' delivered for balcony dining.

Looks like I will have to send 'the other half' up to buffet for my sausages and bacon.:)

Mrs Blue Sky

Archived