AOS and Muster Drill

DP

Since this ship departs San Juan at 8:30 p.m I read that life boat drill is not untill 6:00 p.m. How does this affect those with early dinner reservations? This would really mess up the whole first evening dinner times in the MDR would it not?

Since this ship departs San Juan at 8:30 p.m I read that life boat drill is not untill 6:00 p.m. How does this affect those with early dinner reservations? This would really mess up the whole first evening dinner times in the MDR would it not?

The dinner time on the first night is pushed back until 6:30 PM. Plenty of time to make it as it is casual in the dining room that night anyway. ;)

No one has to wear the life preservers/vests anymore so there is really no sweating like there used to be. :eek: :D

I don't think it affected things too much. We had muster at 6 and by 6:30 we were eating dinner. While all our documents said that we sail at 8:30, we actually set sail at 8pm. All guests were supposed to be aboard by 5:30pm - which goes against the directive in all the cruise docs which say 90 minutes prior to sailaway.

One word of warning about the Captain of AOS - if he says be aboard at 5 you'd better be on board or you will be watching the ship sail away. Doesn't matter if sail away is at 5:30. He sailed 15-20 minutes early from every port. Now I don't know if that was because everyone was already on board or if that is just his nature. Just be aware - I'd hate to hear of anyone being left at the dock.

I don't think it affected things too much. We had muster at 6 and by 6:30 we were eating dinner. While all our documents said that we sail at 8:30, we actually set sail at 8pm. All guests were supposed to be aboard by 5:30pm - which goes against the directive in all the cruise docs which say 90 minutes prior to sailaway.

One word of warning about the Captain of AOS - if he says be aboard at 5 you'd better be on board or you will be watching the ship sail away. Doesn't matter if sail away is at 5:30. He sailed 15-20 minutes early from every port. Now I don't know if that was because everyone was already on board or if that is just his nature. Just be aware - I'd hate to hear of anyone being left at the dock.

The Captain knows if everyone is already on board when you come back and check in with your SeaPass Card.

If all are the passengers are on board he will leave early. If all are not on board, he will wait until the designated time. ;)

And then they will call the names of those missing over the loud speakers on the ship. That is in case they somehow got on without putting their cards in the machine.

If they do not show up in an alloted time, he has to leave the Port.

The Captain knows if everyone is already on board when you come back and check in with your SeaPass Card.

If all are the passengers are on board he will leave early. If all are not on board, he will wait until the designated time. ;)

And then they will call the names of those missing over the loud speakers on the ship. That is in case they somehow got on without putting their cards in the machine.

If they do not show up in an alloted time, he has to leave the Port.

Thanks for that info. That is kind of what we thought. But we also had to wonder a little bit as it did happen in every port. I mean how many times can you get 3000+ people to obey a directive at the same time! :);)

We sailed AOS in Oct. '09 and Captain Ron never left anyone behind. There were a few people who were late getting back to the ship in St. Thomas, and we didn't leave until they were accounted for. Other times we left early because everyone was onboard and accounted for. He actually turned the ship around and went back to port in Dominca because someone was sick and wanted off. He's a great Captain of a great ship! Enjoy!

We sailed AOS in Oct. '09 and Captain Ron never left anyone behind. There were a few people who were late getting back to the ship in St. Thomas, and we didn't leave until they were accounted for. Other times we left early because everyone was onboard and accounted for. He actually turned the ship around and went back to port in Dominca because someone was sick and wanted off. He's a great Captain of a great ship! Enjoy!

We didn't have Captain Ron. We had Captain Ole-Johan Gronhaug.

We didn't have Captain Ron. We had Captain Ole-Johan Gronhaug.

No Captain will sail early from a Port if his passengers are not all on board. Unless there is a threat of danger to the ship as in the case of where they have to pull out to sea for a sudden storm, or another emergency.

That has happened. When it is safe, the ship returns for them.

It has happened where the ship can not dock or anchor but keep moving.

Some people on here will remember the passengers who were stranded on a beach overnight with crew members when that happened.

Tenders could not get them back to the ship until the next day.

Archived