Items to take

donant98

I like to take a coffee cup with lid. I get up really early in the morning and I enjoy walking around with a cup of coffee...with ship motion and walking the coffee tends to slosh and cool too quickly.

Also, I like a big beach bag...I can throw everything in it and head to the pool.

Besides all my meds, a power strip is necessary. Plus a large plastic tumbler for iced tea and/or lemonade during the day; the glasses the ship provides just isn't worth it. Plus twice as much money as you think you'll need :D.

Make copies of your passport. I take them when I go ashore and leave my passport on the ship.

Along with the power strip I bring 2 extension cords 1-6' and 1-12', that way I can get power to anywhere in the room that I need it. I also bring an alarm clock (they don't have clocks in the rooms).

A big thing with me is anti-bacterial wipes, as soon as I get in the room I wipe down all the handles, and knobs and the TV remote. They don't routinely do that between cruises.

Laundry detergent and a roll of quarters (if you plan to do laundry while on board).

Lots of $1 bills for tips (room service), and to use in ports. Nothing worst that negotiating a great deal down to $3 0r $4 then pulling out a $20.

Anti-diarrheal meds (just in case) if it happens and you go to the Doctor on board they will quarantine you for a few days. I also bring aspirin, and Nyquil/Dayquil and a small first-aid kit just incase.

All the important documents. A small backpack for excursions. Sunscreen. Camera (and charger if needed).

Lay out all your stuff. Then take half the clothes and twice the money.

Oh, and a good friendly attitude goes a long way when things don't go exactly as planned. Cruises are a fluid situation ;).

you can do a search for packing lists on here and find alot of info:

for me along with all the NECESSARY items i have to have my

over-the-door shoe holder

Puffs tissues-allergies

GINGER tabs

small over the shoulder foldable coolers-for soda

NCL water bottle holder

flip-flops(soft-material fabric) for the cabin

battery operated candle

zip lock bags-all sizes

just a few of the things I HAVE TO TAKE

Some things I always bring:

- Magnetic Memo clips from office supply stores. Great for holding receipts, jewelry, the Dailies, notes, etc.-- conveniently clipped to the cabin walls. Also you can use a magnet clip to hold a note pad and pen to the outside of your cabin door to leave each other notes (Like "Went to the pool")

- Bar soap and hair conditioner, if that matters to you. the ship only has liquid soap and no hair conditioner... the ship gift stores dont sell it either!

- Black electrical tape to repair any rips to luggage or fix a myriad of other things

- A small, travel size Air Freshener- sometimes there are toilet back ups or other issues and if you are not in a balcony cabin-- there is no window to open to air things out! (or bring a plug in one for the bathroom)

- A few plastic clothes hangers- There are never enough hangers in the ship closet, and also I like to wash out a top or two, then hang to dry in the shower.

Archived