Thomson Dream Off Majorca

She seems to be going in now! This would be so exciting :) if only any of us thought we were actually going to get on her :(

Linda

You've still got a chance Linda with 2 weeks to go.

You might be doing the 1st review and piccies after all

Berwyn

Hmm, well we live in hope:) By the way, Berwyn, you were right

(as usual:p) If we cancelled or asked to change anything at all now, we would lose 90% of what we have paid. I spoke to a very nice girl at Thomson this morning and she advised us to wait until nearer the time and then if it doesn't go, we will be refunded in full (right again:D)

My brother has just come back from 3 day trip on Artemis to Bruges, but they didn't bring any stranded tourists back - boo to P&O:mad: Good for Thomson:)

Linda

Hmm, well we live in hope:) By the way, Berwyn, you were right

(as usual:p) If we cancelled or asked to change anything at all now, we would lose 90% of what we have paid. I spoke to a very nice girl at Thomson this morning and she advised us to wait until nearer the time and then if it doesn't go, we will be refunded in full (right again:D)

My brother has just come back from 3 day trip on Artemis to Bruges, but they didn't bring any stranded tourists back - boo to P&O:mad: Good for Thomson:)

Linda

I'm one of those saddoes that reads all the print to make sure I've got everything right in my head.

Even if they had no cabins, coming back from Bruges they could have had extra people in loungers or on couches etc. as it's such a short trip.

Yes Thomson's are a good company, I've holidayed with them or one of their companies (like Crystal) usually hotels since 1976 approx.

Berwyn

AIDAbella's portside webcam is now showing the first view of Thomson Dream (at least some of the ship anyway). You can see the Thomson funnel.

Thanks, I can see her at last. Have tracked her all the way on Marinetraffic but not seen her. All I want now is to get aboard next week

Berwyn

Is that not the whole ship then? Or is it another ship with the Dream funnel showing behind it? And what time is she leaving Palma?

Linda

No It's the Dream. Marinetraffic shows her berthed in the same spot.

I reckon at about 11p.m. approx.to get there for 7a.m.

Berwyn

No It's the Dream. Marinetraffic shows her berthed in the same spot.

I reckon at about 11p.m. approx.to get there for 7a.m.

Berwyn

You just start to wonder whether they will abandon this idea as some of those may be able to fly back quicker now than go by coach and ferry and coach again in the UK etc

You just start to wonder whether they will abandon this idea as some of those may be able to fly back quicker now than go by coach and ferry and coach again in the UK etc

I think with what Thomson's said on the site about no flights till clear air space established that it will be a while before they fly to the Med and Sharm. That's based on looking at forecast of position of ash cloud over Europe for tomorrow.

There is a belt that goes from Canada through Northern France and straight across central Europe.

Berwyn

Glad it made you laugh:)

Not much to smile about today is there? :mad:

Off for a job interview this morning so bundle of nerves!!

Linda

That's bad, double nerves. :eek:

We're stressed enough over this lot never mind a job interview on top.

Good luck with it. Stay :cool:

Funny thing was as all the regulars are on here this am. I was going to ask has no one got a job to go to.? :)

Berwyn

Glad it made you laugh:)

Not much to smile about today is there? :mad:

Off for a job interview this morning so bundle of nerves!!

Linda

The very best of luck Linda ,hope you sail through the interview :) sorry no pun intended :o

mrs.c

Hi Berwyn & mrs.c

Interview went OK - doctor's receptionist (am I nasty enough??), but you can never tell with interviews can you. I find the ones you think you have messed up, you get, and vice versa. More to interview, will let me know in a few days:(

Trouble is, it is from mid-May, so if we can't go on Dream 4th May I shall not have flexibility to go later. Still, haven't got the job yet, so will worry about that later. Still hoping to go on the 4th:)

Just watching 1 o'clock news to see if they mention Thomson ships:rolleyes:

Off to get hair cut and toes pedicured (originally booked with holiday in mind:D)

Linda

Archived