Cirque du Soleil - is it/will it be on Millie

We're thinking of booking the Millennium for the holidays for a family reunion. One of the more off the wall questions is: Does or will Cirque du Soleil be performing on the Millie in December for the holiday sailing on 12/24?

If you have seen the show (even on different ships) - did you feel like it was a worthwhile experience? And lastly, was there a cover charge for the show? If so, how much?

Thanks!

Vinnie

It is not currently on Millennium, but will be added com Millennium's next drydock. There are two sizable holes in Millennium's schedule that would allow for drydock before the end of the year. One is end of July into August and the other is end of October into Novemebr. If either of these is a drydock, it will be there for the holidays.

The cover charge is for the masquarade party.

Vinnie:

Actually saw the show on the Constellation - it was good. Keep in mind I've seen the shows in Las Vegas and also in Orlando. It's not really my cup of tea to begin with but, it was a nice change of the routine cruise production shows. The surcharge wasn't bad, although I can't recall the amount at the moment. Is it worth it? Yes. More than likely it will turn out to be just something fun for you to see and it will help distinguish this cruise from the others.

Enjoy!

Hi...I was on the Constellation last month too....12/11.......if you had pre-paid the 30.00 your account was credited......if you had not pre-paid, you were not charged.

Was it worth a fee?, not in my opinion.

Hi, Vinnie - Chessbriar is right, there is a drydock scheduled at the beginning of November. I believe (or maybe I hope) that they'll convert the lounge into the Bar at the End of the Earth during that drydock so it would be on your Holiday cruise.

I'm painfully aware of that drydock because I'm one of the people who had already booked the Millennium westbound transatlantic when it was scheduled for late October. It was supposed to be followed by a drydock in Florida. They changed the transatlantic schedule (and the itinerary, too :mad:) to allow the ship to go into drydock in Europe for two+ weeks before the transat. None of us on the transat thread have been able to get a clear statement from X as to whether they'll install the Cirque space before our cruise.

Like CruisinDoug says, it's not a "show," it is an "experience." Their PR has been clear on this for a long time, but I guess some people are still expecting a show similar to their Las Vegas theater-style shows. It sounds as if they've created a very hip, sophisticated lounge with special VIP areas, etc. in which Cirque characters mingle with the passengers. From what I've read on these threads, it sounds as if my partner and I would enjoy it but it's also clearly a "love it or hate it" thing.

Hi Bruce:) Nice to see you again!

Concerning Cirque.....yes, some of the character's did mingle....and I know from reading other posts, they are still tweaking the entire thing....but....just to let you know, when I was there, it was so loud you couldn't hear yourself think:eek: ....maybe I am just getting too old;) and being able to speak to the person next to you shouldn't matter so much in a club...but it does matter to me.

I didn't "hate it"....but I didn't think it was worth 30.00.......thankfully I didn't have to pay that amount.

Archived