Thinking about Oasis - Trying to determine what is extra

Baxter

Hi all,

I have inferred from a few cranky people that there are a lot of "extra" charges on the Oasis, and I am trying to figure out what they are for. I am not a complainer, and will happily pay if it is something I want to do (just so you know that this is a "happy" thread!).

Can you experienced folks tell me what I can extra to pay extra for, for activitiy types of things -- ziplining? the Carousel (we have young kids)? Flow Rider? ANything?

Any help is appreciated!

Zipline, flowrider, rock climbing wall are all included...

Extra charges come mostly in the form of food... Cupcake Cupboard, Seafood Shack, Johnny Rockets, Giovanni's, Chops Grille, 150 Central Park all charge an additional fee.

I cannot think of any activities or entertainment that charge a fee to use, but maybe I am just forgetting something!

Hi all,

I have inferred from a few cranky people that there are a lot of "extra" charges on the Oasis, and I am trying to figure out what they are for. I am not a complainer, and will happily pay if it is something I want to do (just so you know that this is a "happy" thread!).

Can you experienced folks tell me what I can extra to pay extra for, for activitiy types of things -- ziplining? the Carousel (we have young kids)? Flow Rider? ANything?

Any help is appreciated!

Zipline, carousel, and Flowrider are all included. The steamroom and sauna now are part of the spa and require a spa fee. Cupcake decorating has a fee (didn't do it, so don't know how much).

There are fees for specialty dining (Chops, Giovanni's, Johnny Rockets, Izumi, Seafood Shack, etc.).

There may be some shipboard activities with fees, but we didn't do them and I can't think of them.

Previous poster is correct in that most of the additional fees are for food!

Cupcakes are $2.50 each which I quickly discovered were a neccesity!

They have free coffee at the buffet & Cafe Promenade. However, if you want starbucks specialty coffees they are extra. Availabable at Cafe Promenade & Mondo's.

Also, the fitness center offers classes & those are extra. Not sure how much as I didn't take them. However the fitness center is big with lots of machines that are all free.

Have Fun!!!

Agreed with previous posters. It costs to play bingo. Doesn't cost to go to art auctions and you can usually get free champagne! There are 2 for 1 drink specials almost every night somewhere. Use bar brand vodka rather than Absolute and you save probably $3.50 per drink. Rock wall is also free as is flow rider. Only private lessons cost more.

If you read the compass you can double book yourself all day at free things! The first day there were Michael Jackson dancing lessons at the Aqua pool. It was great fun and right after the "Best Legs Contest". You just need to review what's happening.

Some exercise classes are free others are not. There is a discount if you do 3 classes during the week. I think it's about a $3 break per class. Just remember whatever you do they automatically take on tips so don't tip additionally unless your services was amazing.

Off topic slightly, but can anyone any age do the carousel?? My sister is a slow learning adult and would like to ride on it.

Of course! no age limits. My mom went on and sat on the "swan seat" as she didn't want to climb up on the horses.

Back on topic, here is info on what restaurants are free vs. extra charge

a handout that you get on the ship (aligned the Dinner entries for clarity)

http://www.toras.comuv.com/resto1.jpg

my web page text version

http://www.toras.comuv.com/oasis.html

Another activity I remembered as having a fee is a mixology class where they teach you how to make some cocktails (and I guess drink them after!)

Another activity I remembered as having a fee is a mixology class where they teach you how to make some cocktails (and I guess drink them after!)

Wow, I totally missed that when I went. I will definitely have to be on the lookout for that next time... I think it would be totally worth the fee!

Archived