Da Vinci Airport to Port (Civitavecchia)

ECURB1994

:confused: We are on the 10/18/10 "Ionian Inspirations" arriving from JFK to Da Vinci Airport at 7:30AM. We have not signed up for the Oceania transfers as we think they are kind of expensive. What do people usually do. Hire private transfers and/or cabs ? Have priced some and the cost is in the $115 Euro range much less than Oceania's. We are 2 people more than willing to share a cab or van.

Hi, We did a med cruise that sailed from Civitavechia. We used Rome cabs to transfer from the airport to ship and return to the airport. We were very pleased with them. They were timely and very professional with clean Mercedes vehicles. In fact, when we disembarked the ship at the end of the cruise they were there waiting with sign in hand, Early!! They do offer large vans for big groups. I would use them again. They have a website

www.romecabs.com . Hope this helps.

I know that there are other companies there but I can't comment on them as I have only used rome cabs.

If you are not in a rush, take the metro from the airport to the train station, then take the train to Civi, then walk. Very easy to do and very inexpensive compared to a car or transfer.

Check the Rome port of call for detailed info on how to do it.

If you are not in a rush, take the metro from the airport to the train station, then take the train to Civi, then walk. Very easy to do and very inexpensive compared to a car or transfer.

Check the Rome port of call for detailed info on how to do it.

Are we the only two who could never even consider this with the luggage in tow for a 12 or 14 day Cruise?

1205_luggage3_narrowweb__300x477,0.jpg

Are we the only two who could never even consider this with the luggage in tow for a 12 or 14 day Cruise?

1205_luggage3_narrowweb__300x477,0.jpg

LOL!

I am trying to figure out how to pack everything in one bag for an 11 day trip to Italy....traveling by train from Rome to Florence to Venice and a 12 day cruise. Right now my guest room looks like that picture.....only have to weed out 90% of what I laid out!

We will again use romeinlimo for our transfer from airport to port when we get to Rome....very much more relaxing for us after that flight.

I have only used one bag before - but I do a bunch of laundry...

• 1 month later...

We were thinking at the beginning to take a train but then arriving at Civitaveccia we would have taken a cab to the dock so finally we decided to hire a private transfer with www.shoreexcursionsinitaly.net and it was worthy...they waited for us at the terminal helping us with our luggages and we stopped right in front of the ship...they were pretty cheap. :)

:confused: We are on the 10/18/10 "Ionian Inspirations" arriving from JFK to Da Vinci Airport at 7:30AM. We have not signed up for the Oceania transfers as we think they are kind of expensive. What do people usually do. Hire private transfers and/or cabs ? Have priced some and the cost is in the $115 Euro range much less than Oceania's. We are 2 people more than willing to share a cab or van.

Just a thought ... If your flight is seriously delayed how reliable are private transfers? I raise this as the volcanic ash problem may visit the traveling public again. Also. For those traveling from JFK, the main runway here is closed for a few months resulting in delays. I feel more comfortable with Oceania transfers in case of delays.

Archived