Carnival Bannister Island?

63galaxie

We are looking for just a beach day excursion on Carnival Legend on 6/10/10, but the closest thing that Carnival offers are snorkeling excursions (my dh doesn't snorkel at all).

We've heard about Bannister Island. Has anyone done this through the ship or on their own in the past?

Is it safe going on your own? If there's a private tour, do they stay with you at the beach or drop you off? Does the beach have restroom/restaurants/lounge chairs/shade/etc?

How long does it take to get there?

Any info. and/or pictures would be appreciated.

We are looking for just a beach day excursion on Carnival Legend on 6/10/10, but the closest thing that Carnival offers are snorkeling excursions (my dh doesn't snorkel at all).

We've heard about Bannister Island. Has anyone done this through the ship or on their own in the past?Yes as a carnival tour (twice). carnival no longer offers, However.

Is it safe going on your own? If there's a private tour, do they stay with you at the beach or drop you off? Does the beach have restroom/restaurants/lounge chairs/shade/etc?I believe same people now running the tour as before.

How long does it take to get there?approx 1/2 hr

Any info. and/or pictures would be appreciated.

They no longer pickup directly from the boat however. It's a nice tour , but nothing spl.

They no longer pickup directly from the boat however. It's a nice tour , but nothing spl.

Thank you for the info. I can't seem to find anything for us. Cave tubing is out, and the historical tour sounds really lame. I need something inbetween. Maybe we'll just do the beach for a short while. Seems a shame we can't see the countryside. I don't have any desire to see Belize City after all I've read.

We have cruised a lot and spend most of our time checking out beaches. Bannister is our favorite. Yes there are restrooms, shade, a couple small shops - play area for kids - very nice, not crowded. Saw several starfish - lots of fun sandbars to walk out on - very picturesque.

We went to Bannister through Carnival last year. I am researching going there through someone else this trip again as we have my 3 year old son going with us and I do not know of too many other things we can do in Belize. There are some pictures in the review that is linked in my signature. I have some in the review and a few pages later as someone asked for more pictures.

Archived