Princess Ruby Southern Caribbean April 9-19th, what did you think?

JuliaSd

We did this cruise. Still trying to do laundry, etc. but here are some of our great experiences and thoughts.

Embarkcation - a breeze

Cabin - C752 - loved it for the extra balcony room and very private

Staff - the best we ever experienced

Captain Yeomans - very personable and interacts with the cruisers

Miguel (sp?) - IC Manager - he is wonderful. His staff is wonderful. Spent quite a bit of time here just enjoying this venue and the wonderful pasteries, salads, etc. And don't forget to get a coffee card, it is worth it.

Salvador - our excellent Cabin Steward. He is the best CS we ever had

Crowne Grille - wonderful meal. My steak was excellent. The wait staff very attentive.

Sabs - Do this is you can. What a meal, what a presentation, what fun.

You can't go wrong at this venue.

Chefs Table - it is everything that is Princess. Food is great, a galley tour with the chef and Generosso worth the price of admission. Lovely wines with the apps and at the table. We had a ball.

Anytime Dining - again the staff here is fantastic. We were with a group of friends and they even set up the same two tables for us almost every evening for dinner. Did not have one meal that I did not like. Get the fetuccini....a must

Generosso - this was our first time on Princess that Generosso was onboard. I have been reading all about him for a long time and thought, how is he ever going to live up to his reputation. Let me tell you, he is a consummate host. Princess has one of the best going in Mr. G. I am hoping he moves to the Emerald next March:)

I am sure there are questions you may have, so fire away.

This cruise was our best one ever thanks to friends and the Ruby staff.:):):)

We had lots of things going on with our group - sail-a-way party, Meet & Greet, Slot Pull, excursions, etc. FAB U LOUS

Salvador - our excellent Cabin Steward. He is the best CS we ever had

We were in C742 on the March 20-30 Ruby cruise. Salvador was our CS also...I agree, he was great....

and Captain Tony Yeomans...the best in the fleet....

Great cruise.

Cabin c509 manuel was the best cs we ever had on 13 cruises.

Dined three times at the Crowne Grille and once at Sabatinis all were fantastic.

Did the balcony dinner and this was one of the most romantic dinners we have ever had on a cruise. Well worth the cost.

The only negative was the hostess at the Davinci Dining room. Very arrogant when we went there the four other meals and asked for a table for two. Finally the last night after waiting 40 minutes for a table at around 7:30 I went to the Maitre De and complained about the wait and her attitude. We were seated immediately and noticed there had to be at least 20 tables for 2 available. We noticed the open tables all the other times we were there but we only had to wait 10 to 15 minutes then which we didn't mind because we had time to sit in Crooners for a drink.

We would never let one person ruin a fantastic cruise.

Looking forward to our next cruise in 2011 either with Princess or Rccl.

Northender,

How far ahead did you book to obtain that cabin?

Thanks

Almost 2 years.:D Its true. We just booked the Emerald for 3/18/11 and nothing left in the aft for Caribe so we took C742 which is the last cabin before the aft.

By the way, the OP never came back, but her other few posts are not very Princess friendly.;)

Just haven't written a review yet. Had a great time. Did all or almost all MDR. Hit Horizon food court only a few times. (and that was good also) International cafe was good. High tea! Oh, what I've missed! Movies! Crooners Piano bar - Barty played show tunes from memory and had great tales to share (left the ship with us - too bad for those crossing with out him right now) Staff - outstanding. Shore excursions - great! Forgot to mention Wheelhouse fish and chips on sea days - not to be missed! The Captain - outstanding. I'll get around to a review by next week - Aloha (deck 12) mid-ship port side. Nice, nice ship.:D:D

• 2 weeks later...

We were on the April 9-19 trip on the Ruby (A752) and have to agree that it was a great cruise, great ship, great crew, etc.

Generosso is a fabulous maitre d' and host. We always get a table for two in traditional and the first night our table was in a line of others and it was kind of loud. The next evening I asked Generosso if he had an alternate accommodation and he very politely and graciously moved us to a table for four set for two. Then he came around every night thereafter to ask how we were doing. And we were doing fine, because we had a terrific waiter in Joey, and the food was about the best we've had in 24 cruises, including 18 on Princess (except maybe for the veal marsala...).

The food also was very good in the Crowne Grill and Sabatini's, where we dined one night each. And man, it was great in the morning to find those delicious sugar donuts in the Horizon Court!

The entertainment was pretty good -- we really liked the comedian -- and we were delighted to see Barty Brown in Crooners. Our very first cruise 18 years ago was on the old Crown Princess where Barty was playing the main lounge, and we saw him again a few years ago on the (new) Star Princess.

I could go on and on (like how about the photo op with the Ruby and Caribbean side by side in Grenada? Or the great little sandwiches at the International Cafe?) But real life keeps calling.

If we had one complaint, it was that the bed was not that comfortable... rock-like comes to mind... but we understand that's fairly standard on Princess. (FYI, Holland America, which we've also cruised a few times, has great beds.)

We'll be back for more of the Ruby and her sisters, many times, we hope.

Archived