Ships moved to different ports (merged)

I'm so confused. Does anyone know, confirmed, which, if any ships will be sent to LA or Galveston once Mariner & Voyager are snatched away? These are the 2 ports I most frequent, now I have no ships to sail upon. (crying):(

Here's the full article regarding this change:

http://www.nationofwhynot.com/blog/?p=1194&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+WhyNotRecentPosts+%28Why+Not%3F%29

Galveston gets Mariner. New Orleans gets Voyager.

Now in my opinion, this opens the door for a Radiance Class vessel to take over the Mexican Riviera market out of LA. Could be the Serenade of the Seas, leaving the Adventure out of San Juan. Another possibility would be the return of the Vision of the Seas.

Thank you. From my quick scan of the article, NO gets Voyager, Galveston gets Mariner, and us folks in California get Carnival??:o

This sucks!:mad:

Galveston gets Mariner. New Orleans gets Voyager.

Now in my opinion, this opens the door for a Radiance Class vessel to take over the Mexican Riviera market out of LA. Could be the Serenade of the Seas, leaving the Adventure out of San Juan. Another possibility would be the return of the Vision of the Seas.

Not to be mean, but Vision is pretty tired. A Radiance would be ok, but the West Coast market is so kid intensive, they'd be smarter to get a Voyager or Freedom class out here.

Not happy!!

It will interest me............with Southwest Airlines it would be easy to get down there and sail from there and I enjoyed the Voyager out of Galveston..........

I'm guessing the itinerary might be pretty limited but we'll see what it looks like.

It will interest me............with Southwest Airlines it would be easy to get down there and sail from there and I enjoyed the Voyager out of Galveston..........

I'm guessing the itinerary might be pretty limited but we'll see what it looks like.

Yeah, I don't expect anything earth shattering when it comes to the itinerary but it would be fun to cruise out of NOLA.:)

Yeah, I don't expect anything earth shattering when it comes to the itinerary but it would be fun to cruise out of NOLA.:)

A couple of pre nights in the Big Easy might be in order:D

Voyager to NO is the only part of this deal that makes me happy. I have always wanted to plan a trip to NO, tour the city then take a week long cruise (I have never been to NO).

It has never worked out because the ship choice and short cruise length never worked for me. Maybe 2012 will finally be my year for a NO cruise???

Well at least Galveston isn't loosing RCI all together. I'm happy for New Orleans too. Now they'll have 3 cruise lines to chose from (in the winter months). We really enjoyed our cruise last year on the Fantasy out of there. It was a treat to get to stop by Cafe Du Monde before getting on the boat too. Although us Texans are disappointed not to be getting a year round RCI ship, we are happy to be getting a newer & slightly different ship.

I didn't see anything about dates for the Mariner out of Galveston. Did I miss something? How do Voyager and Mariner compare?

Yes the Mariner will replace the Voyager in fall of 2011, Seasonally sailing out of Galveston until around mid April (sorry I don't have the exact dates)

The ships are the same size........both Voyager class ships.

I didn't see anything about dates for the Mariner out of Galveston. Did I miss something? How do Voyager and Mariner compare?

I like Voyager better, only because I have kids and Voyager has an Adventure Beach, Mariner does not. Otherwise, besides Mariner being newer, they are pretty much the same.

Archived