Where do the NCL ships dock in Cozumel?

STARFISH*4

There are actually 3 or 4 different docking areas on Cozumel. What USED to be the main shopping area of Cozumel is now 3 miles (a 10 minute cab ride) from where the new piers where our ship last October are located. The day we were in Cozumel (10/1/09) no ships were using the downtown docks and there were 2 Carnival ships with us at the International docks. We were on the RCCL Enchantment of the Seas that trip and that was the cruise where the Carnival Legend leaving port and fighting a huge wind gust, bumped into the aft of our ship while we were still docked!:eek: I was in the shower in our aft cabin at the time!

We had been to Cozumel several times in the past 20 years or so (used the old downtown docks the other trips) and I also went to Cozumel on a cruise with my family in the mid-70's when it was a brand new cruise destination and a tender port. Practically NOTHING there back then! In October 09 there were taxis lined up for over a mile to take folks to the older downtown shopping area from the International Docks. There is a new shopping area right where you get off the ship now. DH and I decided to WALK the three miles to the old area and back again, but we are BIG walkers (4 miles every day), but very few others chose to do that and used the taxis or just stayed in the new area.

hey MARG...thanks for the info...you too TERRYMTEX:)

when we were in COZ the last time with Canival we docked at Punta Lagosta (sp) i just saw the pic of us there under the sign so thats how i remember that and the town square was just a few blocks over or down from the pier and there was shopping right there too-like in the terminal as we were there at night shopping but did the local town square during the day...so i was just trying to get a FEEL for where we would be.

• 3 years later...

found this link with info about the island of Cozumel - going there in 2 wks and can't wait! anyway.....at the bottom is a link to the 2014 cruise schedule which posts by date the ship name and the pier the ship will be docking at. hope this helps. I like that NCL is docking "in town".

http://www.cruiseportinsider.com/cozumel.html#.UvUT51iYaUk.

This link goes to the page with the ships in port schedule I believe..http://www.cruiseportinsider.com/cozumelschedule2014.html#.UvZL14XhQhF

And the day we will be in Cozumel there will a total of 7 ships in port with a passenger load of 22,745. Fun, fun.

Edited by welove2cruise*

i know there are 3 piers i think that ships dock at...which Pier do the NCL ships dock at...will be aboard the Sun in Dec....THANKS:)

cozumelmap_zpse1be2215.jpg

http://www.travelnotes.cc/cozumel/links/mapisland.php

Punta Langosta is the oldest pier, right in town and primarily used by NCL and over flow for the bigger lines. (docked there a couple of times with Carnival when their pier was full)

I've read that when NCL has to tender, they tender to the ferry pier, just north of Punta Langosta on the map. (but have not experienced this firsthand.)

TMM International Pier is used by RCCL and its subsidiary lines. (Celebrity, etc.)

Puerto Maya (just a few hundred yards south of Intl Pier) is used by Carnival and it's other lines. (Princess, HAL, etc..)

Hope the picture helps show the pier's position in relation to town and the popular beach clubs.

Bill

Edited by bguppies

We were there a few weeks ago and docked at the old Downtown pier. We did the Jungle ATV's through Island Marketing and it was really convenient for our meeting place at Margaritaville. Only about a block to walk it. Would have needed a cab from the International port. Hope you get our same crew on the Jewel. Was the best crew I have ever sailed with! Have a great time!

We have always docked at Punta Langosta pier.

There was a time that there were 3 NCL ships in port and the 3rd ship was tendered right there in port with us at Punta Langosta.

However, our cruise a few months ago, we were the "3rd" NCL ship in port and for some reason, instead of having us tender at the NCL port, they took us down to the RCL port and we tendered from there (which happen to have 2 RCL ships there and one of them was the Allure :rolleyes:...which made for a yucky, crowded experience).

So I have found it can be different each time. Even though your tickets say "tender" you never know where you'll end up at. :p

What is the cost of the guys who drive the bicycles with a 2 person cab at the pier?

No idea what the cost is for the bicycle cabs but I did capture this image of the regular taxi rate--> TAXI RATES BTW, these were rates in effect TWO YEARS AGO so consider them a guide. Also, been to Cozumel twice on NCL and both times we docked at the Punta Langosta pier.

No idea what the cost is for the bicycle cabs but I did capture this image of the regular taxi rate--> TAXI RATES BTW, these were rates in effect TWO YEARS AGO so consider them a guide. Also, been to Cozumel twice on NCL and both times we docked at the Punta Langosta pier.

The Taxi rates are now $8 for up to four in a cab, to travel from Puerta Maya to the Forum shops, downtown.

The bicycle rides are for "tips", but generally they ask for $5, at least at Puerta Maya. Not sure if that is per person.

Edited by djacobson

I'm talking about the guys who bring you from the ship to the end of the pier or vice-versa.

There is no formal charge...whatever you wish to tip! I haven't ever seen a posted suggestion. We usually tip a few dollars per person.

Edited by cheshyrkat