Air from Fl to Hawaii

shay1

Looking at booking NCL Hawaii cruise in May and wanting to know if we should book through cruise line or book on our own?

I know if we book on our own we will want to go a day before cruise departure.

Thanks for your recommendations.

Book on your own and definitely go the day before, or the first day of your cruise you will be dishrag. The flight is long. We live in NY and flew from NY to Lax and from Lax to Hawaii. left at around 7:30 in the morning NY time (which meant we were up and on our way to the airport at 4:30 in the morning as we live about an hour away). Arrived in LA around 11 have an hour and a half layover and arrived in Honolulu around 4 p.m. with our luggage (which really was around 10p.m. New York tiime....Had something to eat and tried to stay up awhile, would not have made a late dinner and been able to do anything around the ship that day. Fly at least one day early and you will be able to enjoy your cruise

Thank you.

My fear is that we would not arrive until shortly before we are to sail, this would be very stressful.

If I remember correctly we would not even know what our flight schedule would be through cruise line until a couple of weeks from cruise.

I would plan on staying two night precruise and resting up before the cruise. On a long flight like the one you are taking why not enjoy one full day at Waikiki Beach. You can get a nice 4 star hotel at a bargin price on priceline.com. After all its not every year you fly out to Hawaii. Relax and enjoy it. Don't make arriving in Honolulu stressful, enjoy the sights. I say go for two full nights. Tim and Cathy

Norwegian Sky Alaska 05/03

Norwegian Star Hawaii 11/03

Royal Caribbean Splendor of the Seas Meditterean 05/04

Archived