Post Your Elegant (Formal) Night Pics Please

LaShelle2

I think this was their last post, a portrait taken on the second elegant evening. Mr. Pete, did they have to dine at the Lido Buffet this night as well?

cruise1.jpg

Seriously?

I would have picked better shoes to match! :)

I'm sorry but if this not a joke, then this is just tacky if not disgusting, I can't imagine Carnival allowing this type of dress for formal night let alone any night, TASTELESS. OK I'm ready for the bashing bring it on, I'm sorry i just had to comment

No bashing from me. I'm right there with you. The biggest thing for me is, just because you have it made in your size does not mean you have to wear it. Sure, it would be tasteless and trashy on someone with perky boobs and a small butt, but it wouldn't be as shocking... to me anyway.

OrdieJ - Great photos - gorgeous dress. Who da thunk a cigar picture would class up these postings?!:rolleyes:

Agree with you kimba - between airline bag restrictions and wanting just to wind down, we don't dress up as much as we used to. First cruise we were on about 10 years ago I shopped for weeks for 2 perfect gowns - now it's more along the lines of something pretty worn with sandals with a heel!

I can't imagine being able to actually sit thru a formal dinner night in that dress. The impression left on her butt and thighs must have been "flattering" after sitting for an hour.

Sometimes you just have to scratch your head and say "What the he## was she thinking?"

Just so you know, Carnival now also allows "pretty much anything" on elegant nights.

Sadly you are SO right. Our last cruise on Elegant night our tablemates showed up 30 minutes late and one was wearing sweats- the other sweat bottoms with a bikini with a tank top over it!!! I saw them coming and thought PLEASE TURN THEM AWAY..............nope- not a word was said to them.

Archived