Carnival Triumph Topless Show 4/13/10

WoodyStang

It seems Carnival is trying to change it's image. My daughter and I went to the illusionist show after dinner (8:30 pm). The show was extremely racy (burlesque style) with many dancers bending over showing their backsides (having thongs on). We stayed for the entire show but many families with children left shortly after the show started. The magician and cruise director many times advertised the "R rated" French Burlesque late show. I did not personally go to this show, but others on board I talked to did. This was "Topless" I was told.

We are reconsidering cruising with Carnival in the future.

I am attempting to attach the "Funtimes" (old Carnival Capers). The show was listed as "A Kiss Goodnight"

Just thought everyone would want to know....

u said magicians right? two guys, i saw it if u r referring to the one im talking about, i dont think carnival would show topless like that, and anyway it a show about....magic? i wouldnt totally stress over it, as long as u had a great cruise is wat counts

u said magicians right? two guys, i saw it if u r referring to the one im talking about, i dont think carnival would show topless like that, and anyway it a show about....magic? i wouldnt totally stress over it, as long as u had a great cruise is wat counts

God, I hate text-speak.

Re-read the OP. He does NOT say the magic show was topless.

I was on the Triumph in January and they announced many times that some shows were R rated and not for children.

One show they specifically stated that NO children would be admitted. Many parents brought kids and were asked to leave. The show was even delayed by some who refused to leave without further prompting and these people would probably have been the first to complain about it being R rated.

Everyone has a choice as to which shows to watch but why do they have to try to say which ones I can watch.

me too. Even when I text, I type everything out.

^^^So do both of my teenage daughters. And they can still text really really fast. I could NOT believe how many texts my daughter made one month. I didn't think that was even possible.

It seems Carnival is trying to change it's image. My daughter and I went to the illusionist show after dinner (8:30 pm). The show was extremely racy (burlesque style) with many dancers bending over showing their backsides (having thongs on). We stayed for the entire show but many families with children left shortly after the show started. The magician and cruise director many times advertised the "R rated" French Burlesque late show. I did not personally go to this show, but others on board I talked to did. This was "Topless" I was told.

I am attempting to attach the "Funtimes" (old Carnival Capers). The show was listed as "A Kiss Goodnight"

Oh noes! So you didn't go, but think that no one else should have the opportunity? I'm confused.

And at the show you went to there were sexy women assisting the magician (OMG, that's never happened before) in bathing suits.

I guess I've been lucky because I've never been on one of the women in floor length dresses and long sleeve cruises before. I say, why risk it? Put 'em all in burquas.

I was once "told" I looked like a movie star. This piqued my interest immmensely, so I enquired, "Which movie star?" She replied, "Boris Karloff", and all the ladies at her table had a good laugh . . . on me, unfortunately. :D

Living in LA, topless just doesn't seem to have the same "Oh My God" ring to it. :DWere the attendees FORCED to go to this event or was it purely VOLUNTARY ?

This topless review I'm assuming is probably done with young, nubile, attractive women, which would be a big change from the ole topless funnel deck days. :D

Man. I hope they have this show on the Glory next week. I'd even sit through a few rounds of bingo so I could have a good seat :D

- Steve

I was once "told" I looked like a movie star. This piqued my interest immmensely, so I enquired, "Which movie star?" She replied, "Boris Karloff", and all the ladies at her table had a good laugh . . . on me, unfortunately. :D

OUCH.:eek:

I have boobs.

They don't offend me.

Me either, but I'd need a closer look to be sure :)

I would expect a show billed as an R rated French Burlesque show to have nudity. I highly doubt that it was totally topless though. Probably pasties & some striptease ala the old Black & White musicals/ Las Vegas shows.

It's probably held at midnight for that reason. Burlesque is an art if it's done right. I would love to see an old fashion production like that - and boobs don't offend me either - except when I look in the mirror and see what gravity & age has done to mine :eek:

Who let the girls out? (who, who). :eek::D

- Steve

Each parent has a choice on what thier children should / should not see as far as the shows onboard the ship.

Anyone can walk out at any time.

When we lived and toured Europe, my children would see unclothed people. Go to the park and you see kids naked playing in the water fountains.

So, explanations to my children were in order....:o

On that note I would never take my kids to see the R rated show.

Sometimes the reg show does show more butt than I would like my 9 and 12 yr old to see BUT

as someone stated, you will see plenty of "cheeks and boobs" at Lido and at the beach.

On our last trip to the Disney waterparks I saw a few thongs.

That was a bit distastefull in my opinon, then again thats my opinion.

Man. I hope they have this show on the Glory next week. I'd even sit through a few rounds of bingo so I could have a good seat :D .....Who let the girls out? (who, who).

- Steve

Steve, haven't we already discussed the "girls" ? See ya in two days!!!:)

Archived