Carnival Triumph Topless Show 4/13/10

WoodyStang

So, if you go to a movie that is rated "R" you can take your kid in.

Will they let me take my 17yo son in an "R" rated show?

He likes boobies :D

I would like to go, especially since my wife wouldn't let me go on the Triumph:(

Is this different than an "Adult Only", which I understand to be...Adult only.

Been on several Carnival Ships. Be warned, the shows that say Rated R, and Adult ONLY, and you must be 18, means exactly that.

As far as the Sexy dancers in the magic show. If that offends you, than you must not go to shows on board, the circus, ice shows, go to the beach, the swimming pool, the decks, etc..... unless you want to close you eyes.

It seems Carnival is trying to change it's image. My daughter and I went to the illusionist show after dinner (8:30 pm). The show was extremely racy (burlesque style) with many dancers bending over showing their backsides (having thongs on). We stayed for the entire show but many families with children left shortly after the show started. The magician and cruise director many times advertised the "R rated" French Burlesque late show. I did not personally go to this show, but others on board I talked to did. This was "Topless" I was told.

We are reconsidering cruising with Carnival in the future.

I am attempting to attach the "Funtimes" (old Carnival Capers). The show was listed as "A Kiss Goodnight"

Just thought everyone would want to know....

I was on the April 17-22 sailing of the Triumph. I went to both the magic show New Wave Magic and the A Kiss Good Night burlesque show.

The magic show was very Las Vegas style. In some of the acts, the girls had g-strings with stockings for the bottom portion. The show was rated PG due to costuming. The show should been rated PG-13 at least. But like I said if you been to Vegas it was like that.

As for "A Kiss Good Night". The girls were not topless. But on several of the dances had the nude color top (beige). This gave an illusion of smooth front. Trust me, some of the guys who were sitting up front (quite a few were at the front tables) were disappointed that the girls were not topless.

The show is rated R due to costuming. They wore g-strings and the smooth tops. It was tasteful but adult in context. The show is not for kids and there were one and two people with kids in the show.

I was on the April 17-22 sailing of the Triumph. I went to both the magic show New Wave Magic and the A Kiss Good Night burlesque show.

The magic show was very Las Vegas style. In some of the acts, the girls had g-strings with stockings for the bottom portion. The show was rated PG due to costuming. The show should been rated PG-13 at least. But like I said if you been to Vegas it was like that.

As for "A Kiss Good Night". The girls were not topless. But on several of the dances had the nude color top (beige). This gave an illusion of smooth front. Trust me, some of the guys who were sitting up front (quite a few were at the front tables) were disappointed that the girls were not topless.

The show is rated R due to costuming. They wore g-strings and the smooth tops. It was tasteful but adult in context. The show is not for kids and there were one and two people with kids in the show.

Thanks for clearing it up!!!:D

I enjoy the shows and have yet to be offended...my younger travelers usually have no interest in attending the late shows..so I have no problem..The movies they see, video games they play etc, are worse I am sure.

oh well...:(

I for one didn't see any topless show at any Carnival Cruise I've sailed, but back when I cruised with the Inspiration I saw a lot of thongs in the production show El Nuevo Latino and nothing else. That's why I prefer Disney's ships than Carnival's (despite the fact that completely taped music accompanies all their shows as opposed to semi-live music with a band with horns) because the only bare bums you'll usually see are Donald's and Daisy's. ;)

Archived