Obc

J.E.C

We have pre purchased some on board credit to get us a good exchange rate from the £ to th $.

Does anyone know if this shows up anywhere on the cruise personaliser?

I cant see anywhere obvious but kind of wanted to make sure it was there so to speak :)

Many thanks for you rhelp

it won't show on the personalizer, but they can email you a receipt showing how

much was paid toward the OBC. I just called in a credit card for a couple hundred dollars,

didn't see anything show up, so called and they emailed me a receipt. I like having

something in hand just in case.

We have pre purchased some on board credit to get us a good exchange rate from the £ to th $.

Does anyone know if this shows up anywhere on the cruise personaliser?

I cant see anywhere obvious but kind of wanted to make sure it was there so to speak :)

Many thanks for you rhelp

Hi, first time cruiser here. This is probably an really obvious question but how did you pre purchase your on board credit. We are also in the UK and would love to get a good exchange rate from the £ to the $ but were not sure how to pre purchase the onboard credit.

We booked through a Travel Agent so should we ask them or can we do it with Princess direct.

Thanks for any help

Sarah

J.E.C. - what rate did you get and when did you book?

Sefin28 - you just call Princess and ask what rate they will give you. We did this last year and got $2 to £1 because we had booked when the exchange rate was high. People who had booked after the rate started to fall weren't so lucky. The good thing about purchasing OBC is that you can then lift it out of your account by going to the Purser's desk on board. We were able to do this last September as we were given more OBC by the company because we had missed a few ports due to the weather we encountered so we then had too much on our account. We had no problem getting the money we had pre purchased which will come in very handy for this year's spending money.

J.E.C. - what rate did you get and when did you book?

Jimpod - not sure what rate we got (Hubby did it), but I know he said it was far better than the exchange rate, did this a few months ago when we first booked the cruise.

We booked it direct with Princess so I will get him to call them for a receipt.

I know some folk would say why have you let them have your money up front but it was something like 15cents more to the £, and it looked as though the exchange rate would get worse! and of course you get diddly squat on savings anyway. This way we have all the service charge covered and a quess-timate of drinks etc so shouldn't face any big suprises at the end of the holiday.

We recieved our welcome form the captain e mail the other day, which was a nice suprise (this is our first time with princess). It's starting to feel real now....

Archived