Ft. Lauderdale Hotel Help/Area/Hotwire

Hi guys,

Looking for some help. I am booked at the Courtyard FLL Beach for October. Some friends are looking to come along, but now, the Hotel's price is waaaay higher than when I booked.

What we're looking to do is grab a hotel on hotwire...but want to get them as close as possible to the area I'm in. Now, I know this is hit or miss and not guaranteed, but my question is this:

On Hotwire, would I be better off to select a hotel in "Ft. Lauderdale Beach Area" or "Las Olas/Downtown"?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hi guys,

Looking for some help. I am booked at the Courtyard FLL Beach for October. Some friends are looking to come along, but now, the Hotel's price is waaaay higher than when I booked.

What we're looking to do is grab a hotel on hotwire...but want to get them as close as possible to the area I'm in. Now, I know this is hit or miss and not guaranteed, but my question is this:

On Hotwire, would I be better off to select a hotel in "Ft. Lauderdale Beach Area" or "Las Olas/Downtown"?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Betterbidding has this hotel listed under Fort Lauderdale Beach - with no recent reports. They state it was formerly the Doubletree Oceanfront. Hope this helps.

Either the downtown or beach zone could work on hotwire. In the beach zone, I would suggest not bidding below 3.5 stars or they could end up at Ocean Manor or Ocean Sky which have been getting some bad reviews. Also in the beach zone they could end up as far as Oakland Park Blvd (Il Lugano), about 4 miles north. Any hotel in the downtown zone will put them within 2-3 miles of your hotel, but they won't be on the beach. Bahia Mar usually has the best rates by the beach and is just 2 blocks from the Courtyard, so you might check direct bookings there first.

Archived