Transatlantic

skt4cruise

The concern with westbound in the fall is the hurricanes which continue to roll off the coast of Africa in September (if they do not strike the US, they curve north through the shipping channels) and those that form off the southeast US coast in October. However, it looks like you all have been lucky.

We have always done our transatlantics toward the end of November. There was no problem with hurricanes.

But now I see the TA's are scheduled at the end of Oct., early Nov. I am concerned about hurricanes at this time.

Any thoughts?

Just returned from the Connie TA - EB. Weather was OK, but not fantastic. Had much better weather in Nov. 2009 on Equinox WB. But there is nothing you can do about weather unless you have real connections. The TA's are so relaxing that weather often isn't important.

Bobbie

Haven't done westbound yet, but have gone eastbound 3 times in April. Weather has been good all 3 times - warm & sunny (except the first day out of Florida which always seem to rain). 23 hour days can get to you but the trick is to get up at the same time every morning. I do like the idea of changing the clock at noon.

We have always done our transatlantics toward the end of November. There was no problem with hurricanes.

But now I see the TA's are scheduled at the end of Oct., early Nov. I am concerned about hurricanes at this time.

Any thoughts?

Have done 10 Westbound crossings, timings have been from Late Sept/Early Oct through end of Nov and have only encountered one rough crossing and that was Early Nov.

Archived