How late can you add a 3rd guest? Or can you?

We leave on May 23rd, My parents are our babysitters for the week. Found out yesterday that my Dad has to have Open Heart Surgery on Monday. In a scenario where we don't feel comfortable leaving our 6 yr old with my parents for a week, can you add an additional guest to your room? By when? Thanks!

We leave on May 23rd, My parents are our babysitters for the week. Found out yesterday that my Dad has to have Open Heart Surgery on Monday. In a scenario where we don't feel comfortable leaving our 6 yr old with my parents for a week, can you add an additional guest to your room? By when? Thanks!

As long as there is a cabin for 3 people, you can do so. Time does not matter.

The only way you will know is to call and find out. If the ship is at capacity, then no. If the kids are at capacity, then no.

You can look-up your cabin on carnival.com and see if by any chance it accomodates 3, then all you have to worry about is if the ship is over capacity. If the cabin does not accomodate 3 then you'll have to see if any cabins for 3 are available (even in Categories other than your own) AND see if the ship is over capacity. Best to just call your booking Agent and ask. ken

It looks like they have room, when I did a search for 3 it was accepted but they may change your rate if you booked under a special rate. That is what happened to a member of our group who needed to add her son to our group rate. They would have let her book but not give her the orginial booked rate. The only way to find out is to call.

Good Luck and sorry to hear about your Dad.

~ I am sorry this is happening to your vacation and also your parents great week with their grandchild. I hope they can enjoy the special bonding time in the future.

~ Good luck to you with adding on the booking. Good luck with the phone call.

when you call carnival explain why u are haivng to add your child. My mom had to add my son at the last minute on the conquest a few years back due to my other child having open heart surgery and they were very accomadating when they could not accomodate them in the cabin she and my sister were already booked in they moved them from oceanview guarty. to a balcony and did not charge them the difference in fact gave them obc of 100 for continuing to keep their vacation plans in spite of last minute troubles.. Hope this helps.. good luck I hope you have a great time on vacation and I will keep your family in my prayers.. as i truly know how hard surgery is on a family.

The only way you will know is to call and find out. If the ship is at capacity, then no. If the kids are at capacity, then no.

I didn't know Carnival now had a capacity limit for kids. The only cruise line I ever encountered that problem with was Princess many years ago.

Candi

Archived