BEST Waterproof camera?

Sarah@Sea

I actually bought a waterproof camera from target (meant for disposable cameras) for about $18. It happens to fit my Nikon pocket camera very nicely. Of course i cant zoom.... but overall its a cheap fix.

If you know you'll use it, I would do some research on outdoor hiking and camping websites... you would be surprised of the durable products they have with the camera industry.

PS- Take 2 ziplock bags and a cup of white rice with you. If by chance the water gets into the camera, just throw it in the double closed bag with the rice for 2-3 days..... It will suck almost all the water out. It may take longer depending how submerged you got it.

This has saved my cell phone from a drop in a puddle, and my laptop from spilling a glass of wine.

I've look at a Canon and Olympus. Any thoughts on a good waterproof camera for pool/beach pictures. I live in Miami so I'll get more use out of a camera than just on a cruise.

You may want to look a this group review of underwater cameras over on DPReview.

Another place to look is the 'Photo Gallery' discussion area here on Cruise Critic

I've look at a Canon and Olympus. Any thoughts on a good waterproof camera for pool/beach pictures. I live in Miami so I'll get more use out of a camera than just on a cruise.

We LOVE our olympus 1050sw!!

I bought a dicapac ($25) from amazon to use iwth my Fujifilm f100fd and the pictures were amazing. Heres 2 examples:

dscf2776.jpg

dscf2717w.jpg

Cheap underwater cameras give you almost unusable pics. This was a cheap solution and we go the best underwater shots we've gotten yet

Here is a review of the recent waterproof cameras: http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/Q209waterproofgroup/

Take a look at the new Sony as they have one released after the review that is also good.

I have a Cannon Powershot D10. It's 12.1mp. It goes up to 30 ft deep, which I believe, is the deepest I've seen one go. Took it on our last cruise and it worked beautifully. I've also used it in pools and such, down slides, lol. Love it! I got mine from Amazon for...200something$.

I have a Lumix from Panasonic and love it. It can go under water up to 30 feet and is also shock proof in case its dropped. I've taken it in the wave pool in water parks and it is great. The underwater pictures are very clear! It also takes great pictures above water. The model is DMC - TS1

I have a Lumix from Panasonic and love it. It can go under water up to 30 feet and is also shock proof in case its dropped. I've taken it in the wave pool in water parks and it is great. The underwater pictures are very clear! It also takes great pictures above water. The model is DMC - TS1

I thought the TS-1 was only a 3 meter camera? I just bought this one as well but haven't used it yet...

I just bought the olypmus fe-360 w/ underwater housing for a total of $196 shipped (camera was a refurb), sold as a set. We set sail this SATURDAY! 5/8 so I will come back and post some pics afterwards! Of course I will not have anything to compare it to, but at least you can see the pics and judge for yourself...

I did a google search of best underwater camera and this seemed to be one of(if not THE) best low priced underwater camera.

We just bought the Canon powershot D10 for our cruise last month. We bought it on Amazon for around $250. The pictures came out awesome! Here are some samples:CruiseApril2010233.jpg

CruiseApril2010234.jpg

The videos are also great, my husband was skeptical at first, but by the end of the cruise our friends who were with us were ready to buy the same camera! :)

Archived