FLL car rental company- need info

CRUISERTN

We are coming to FLL a day before our cruise and are considering renting a car and returning it the next day when we go to the ship. Can't remember where I heard it, but heard some car rental companies will provide free shuttle service to the ship when you turn the car back in to them. Does anyone know if this is true, and, if so, which companies provide the free shuttle to the ship? Any info will be appreciated.

We used Thrifty Car Rental a couple of years ago when we cruised out of Ft. Lauderdale. Got a Mid-size Chrysler Sebring car for 3 days: total with Tax/fees--> $132.58.......Thrifty is located at FLL in terminal: 800-527-7075 open 24 hrs.

They provided us with a FREE ride (please tip driver) in shuttle van to the cruise port when we turned in our car to catch our ship.

Very good/quick/friendly service. Will probably used them again for our upcoming cruise in Nov.

We got Hertz thru Hotwire for $125 total for 3 days pre-cruise. We booked it for airport pickup and airport drop off, figuring just to catch a cab from the airport to the pier. Later, we found out Hertz has a location downtown, a couple of miles from the pier. And they have a free shuttle to the pier.

E-mailed Hertz about dropping off downtown. They more or less said, "you booked thru Hotwire, you should call them." Ain't that nice. It's their car I'm trying to drop off.

Anyway, when we pick up the car at MIA, we'll ask about dropping off in downtown Miami.

If there is an extra drop of fee, if it's less than the cab, we'll drop off closer to the pier.

We pick up the car on May 11 and drop off May 14. When do you sail?

Rick and Deirdra

We are coming to FLL a day before our cruise and are considering renting a car and returning it the next day when we go to the ship. Can't remember where I heard it, but heard some car rental companies will provide free shuttle service to the ship when you turn the car back in to them. Does anyone know if this is true, and, if so, which companies provide the free shuttle to the ship? Any info will be appreciated.

This thread might help you, one thing to remember even if the agency you use does offer it, it doesn't start until I think 11am which for some is too late. We got tired of waiting and took a cab over to the port :)

Have a great cruise~

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1131408

Does anyone know if National has a free shuttle to POM from one of the locations close to POM?. I have a free rental with National and was hoping I could take advantage of it on this trip.

I wouldn't count on it. Flat rate in a taxi is $24 if it comes to that.

Archived