what's your view on using Splenda straight?

MamaParrotHead

I really enjoy it in my 1 WW point fudgesicles and my Diet Rite white grape soda, and was wondering how it tasted just straight (like in iced tea, coffee, for a bit of cinnamon toast on low carb bread, etc.). i can't do equal or sweet & low, they taste really artifical to me.

thanks!

I switched from Equal to Splenda for my coffee/tea. I've even used it (the baking brand) to bake cookies over Christmas and they were excellent. It has really become popular in restaurants as I believe it is cheaper than Equal. If you don't want to spend for a box, just grab a couple packets in a restaurant or fast food establishment and give it a try.

I use Splenda in EVERYTHING!! I bake with it, put it in tea, coffee, etc. I buy it by the case at Sam's club..in the packets. I also buy the 5 lb bag of it at Wal-Mart (the kind that is equal to sugar in measurement). I prefer it a lot more than Equal.

I love splenda. About the only time I use regular sugar is for my sons Kool aide & when I bake (which is not often) The only reason I still use sugar for baking is cuz I heard that you don't want to use as much Splenda when baking & I am not sure what is too much or not enough.

• 2 weeks later...

We started using Splenda long before we started dieting. I know that sounds funny, but my husband prefers that to sugar in his coffee.

Now that we are weight mindful, I use it for everything. I also get the big bags at Walmart. I just experiment with the quantity till I like the sweetness. I find that if you cook with just straight Splenda, just use 1/2 what it calls for with sugar. So far that method has worked well for me.

I hope you enjoy it as much as all of us seem to.

Am I the only one who still uses Sweet n Low? I'm allergic to Splenda.

Don't know if they've got it on the ships yet, but I'm seeing it show up in restaurants now.

Sweet n' low is the only artificial sweetener that I'll use. But then I only use artificial sweetener in iced tea. I prefer the slightly bitter after taste of sweet n' low to the twangy sweet metallic after tastes of others.

Archived