Payment of On Board Account?

Suesancy

Hi - I wonder whether one of you experienced Celebrity cruisers might be able to help me. Although we are seasoned cruisers we are new to Celebrity. Joining Eclipse in June for a Baltic cruise and really looking forward to the experience. I have just been onto the Celebrity site to input our personal information etc., and am slightly confused by the information there with regard to paying our onboard account. It reads as though we have a choice - either paying by card - details of which we should input - or paying by cash. What I had planned on doing was paying by card - inputting our card details - but then if we had any US dollars left towards the end of the cruise - using them to reduce the final balance. Will we still be able to do this if we open a card account?

Many thanks in advance,

Sue

Thanks so much for your replies...this seems to be the same procedure as Princess and P & O - the companies I have sailed with in the past. It just slightly threw me that they asked whether you wanted a "Card Account" or a "Cash Account". Thanks again - one less worry,

Sue

Hi - I wonder whether one of you experienced Celebrity cruisers might be able to help me. Although we are seasoned cruisers we are new to Celebrity. Joining Eclipse in June for a Baltic cruise and really looking forward to the experience. I have just been onto the Celebrity site to input our personal information etc., and am slightly confused by the information there with regard to paying our onboard account. It reads as though we have a choice - either paying by card - details of which we should input - or paying by cash. What I had planned on doing was paying by card - inputting our card details - but then if we had any US dollars left towards the end of the cruise - using them to reduce the final balance. Will we still be able to do this if we open a card account?

Many thanks in advance,

Sue

Yes you can use USD & CC. Just make your life easier stop @ the Pursers Desk a day or so prior to the end of the cruise & ask for a print out of charges. Take to your cabin & review it. Then decide how much USD you want to put aside to pay vs using CC

Carole

Archived