Price drop and TA out of town until Saturday!!

CRU1Z1N

Notice another price drop on out upcoming Valor cruise in late Aug. I've heard if you went through a TA the he/she has to put in for the credit. My TA is in Punta Cuna until late Saturday. The TA works for an independent company out of Fla. The TA and my family are from OH. I don't even know how to contact her company.

Any suggestions??

Thanks!

It seems that Carnival gives wishy-washy info on price drops with a TA-booked cruise. That said, I would submit the form yourself, and in the comments section mention that your TA is out of town and requested you to submit the form. Hopefully, Carnival approves it. If not, at least you've submitted the form so if there is a question about it later, you've got it documented.

I would fill out the price drop form myself so its on record, and put in the TAs email as if it was from her.

Dont wait, dont call carnival, just fill out the price drop form.

The TA site actually says if the pax fills out the form the TA will be notified of the price drop, it doesnt say the TA has to fill out the form .. just for the record, its not all that cut and dried, that the TA has to actually fill out the form. I think Carnival just prefers it.

didn't call but sent an email with our info and screen shot of the info. I'll let everyone know if I hear anything or if my TA can do anything once back in the country.

It can take up to two weeks for Carnival to answer emails ... I wouldnt count on that helping ... just saying.

Didn't book early saver...wasn't available when we booked. We have past guest rate. Should I still submit the form??

IF you booked Past Guest and you have NOT paid made your final payment, call your TA or Carnival (if you did not use a TA) and have them recalulate the booking and you will get the lower price. IF you have already paid your final payment.....you are out of luck! :o

Didn't book early saver...wasn't available when we booked. We have past guest rate. Should I still submit the form??

Yikes, the form is only for early saver.

since your cruise is on Valor, Id have to guess you are not past final payment right.. counting back 3 months. So, you should get the price drop and pay less.

A Good TA , working as an independant contractor , for the Travel Agency (in Florida) ,will always arrange "coverage" when away .:)

This coverage includes phone calls & emails.

Imagine if you had aproblem days before your cruise and she was away again?:confused:

Good TA's may be away from their office frequently , training, ship inspections , and their own cruises . They would never leave their clients without assistance .;)

What concerns me is that you don't know how to contact the Florida Agency that she booked your cruise thru ?:mad:

A Good TA , working as an independant contractor , for the Travel Agency (in Florida) ,will always arrange "coverage" when away .:)

This coverage includes phone calls & emails.

Imagine if you had aproblem days before your cruise and she was away again?:confused:

Good TA's may be away from their office frequently , training, ship inspections , and their own cruises . They would never leave their clients without assistance .;)

What concerns me is that you don't know how to contact the Florida Agency that she booked your cruise thru ?:mad:

This is what I was thinking when I first read the post. There is no way to get in touch with the TA? At all? OP, after this cruise is over, run, don't walk, away from this TA. Assuming of course, she is not off enjoying the money you thought you paid for a deposit!!! :eek:

This always puzzles me...how are you confirming the date on the screen shot?

when you print a screen shot the time and date usually print on the weblink on the bottom of the page that you print out

We have always used this TA for all our cruises! This TA is FANTASTIC...we were on the last sailing of the Norway in May 2003 and TA handled EVERYTHING and was very professional. I have the name of the company she is with but even doing a search can't find them on the internet. I did email my TA along with a screen shot...but know for a fact the cell won't work where they're at. I'm really hoping that a laptop was brought along.

This is the only time we've not been able to get in contact...normally answers calls/emails within minutes.

when you print a screen shot the time and date usually print on the weblink on the bottom of the page that you print out

OK, so you are printing the website with the time stamp at the bottom. Some people were saying they are emailing screen shots with a timestamp. If the timestamp is the system tray, I find it hard to believe that CCL will actually go by that as a reference of time being that you can change that setting to show anytime you want...

We have always used this TA for all our cruises! This TA is FANTASTIC...we were on the last sailing of the Norway in May 2003 and TA handled EVERYTHING and was very professional. I have the name of the company she is with but even doing a search can't find them on the internet. I did email my TA along with a screen shot...but know for a fact the cell won't work where they're at. I'm really hoping that a laptop was brought along.

This is the only time we've not been able to get in contact...normally answers calls/emails within minutes.

Regardless how good you think she is, it is inexcusable to leave the country and not leave some sort of back up for her customers. Perhaps if you shop around you would find out just how very unprofessional that is. Do what you will, but I would never, ever use her again and tell her in no uncertain terms, why.

I have been a TA for over 30 years and I never ever leave for vacation, sick day, 1/2 day off with out someone to watch over my bookings/customers and to be a point of contact. The details of who to speak with while I am out is listed on my voicemail and on my out of office message on my email. Any TA that leaves their customers with out someone as a point of contact is NOT very concerned about their customer and I would not deal with that TA in the future.

I have been a TA for over 30 years and I never ever leave for vacation, sick day, 1/2 day off with out someone to watch over my bookings/customers and to be a point of contact. The details of who to speak with while I am out is listed on my voicemail and on my out of office message on my email. Any TA that leaves their customers with out someone as a point of contact is NOT very concerned about their customer and I would not deal with that TA in the future.

thats what I was wondering, if the OP tried calling the TA and it was on the voicemail. Even my PVP leaves a contact on her voicemail when she is out. OP did you try calling? You knew she was out of town, and not called is what I was wondering too.

I have used a PVP and a TA on various cruises...

Dumb question...did you try calling your TA, even though you know she is out of town and see if she leaves a message of someone to call?

Both my PVP and TA always leave alternative number to either reach a cell phone, home phone, or other agent.

Also check your e-mails...see if there is a hint of the company she works with.

good luck

Archived