Recent guarantee cabins

razzzbere

First guarantee I had on the Triumph got a inside on the 8th floor with was about 7 categories above the cheapest inside that I paid even less for.

The next cruise I got a 4E for the price of a Inside GTY. Saved about 500 total.

Would do it again

Nick

Only book a category is the one that you would be most comfortable in.

Most upgrades will happen within the category--inside to inside only on a higher deck. People do go to the next category but it is rare.

Reading these boards you would think it happens all the time but members here represent less then 1% of the sailing public.

If you will not be happy in an inside do not book one in hopes of getting an oceanview--same with the balcony.

Booking a guarantee--they can place you anywhere--over a lounge, under a kitchen/galley. next to a room service area. Its a chance that lots of people take because the price is so much cheaper.

You are going to hear from some that got upgrades, some that didn't... some that got satsifactory stateroom assignments, and some that did not. Really no different now, recently or in the past.

Book a guarantee and you are gambling... but if you feel lucky and are willing to accept whatever you are finally assigned....go for it ! But if you end up with something other than what you had hoped for or receive...

No Whining Allowed ! http://img.allposters.com/6/LRG/11/1161/91GU000Z.jpg

We booked an OV guarantee for our Spring Break sailing on the Inspiration. We were placed in a cat. 6C, room M195. It was right around the corner from my SIL's 6B cabin, but at a cheaper price.

The only "negative" would be that the cabin was directly across the hall from a crew access door (marked "STWD"), but we were never bothered by any of the comings and goings. From time to time, we'd hear carts being wheeled in or out, but it was never loud enough to wake us up.

On the up side, our room service order was always delivered lickety-split. ;)

Archived