Why should we stay with RC?

Carnival doesn't honor price drops unless you book early saver, but if you book an early saver rate then you are stuck with the sailing that you book.

That statement is not true. Carnival will honor price drops prior to final payment. If you have ES, Carnival will honor price drops after final payment also (up to two days prior to departure).

$200 savings wouldn't be enough for me to leave a gorgeous RCI ship for a tacky Carnival ship. In our experience, Carnival's service is far inferior to RCI's.

The Legend is far from tacky and it compares quite favorably to the Radiance. There are no neon lights anywhere on the Legend and it has beautiful artwork all over the ship. Plus you can see the ocean from everywhere. People comment on things they have no experience with. Just blind immature cheerleading. :rolleyes:

To the OP, the Legend is a beautiful ship. Its really an easy decision to make. I've been on her twice. She is well maintained and the food on her is to die for. Plus its port intensive cruise that you should love and you get two additional days of cruising.

I'll put up Carnivals Spirit class against the Royals Radiance class anyday. Now when it comes to the Freedom class and above, Carnival cant compete based on the ships. But theyre prices always keeps them in the game.

Enjoy!

The Legend is far from tacky and it compares quite favorably to the Radiance. There are no neon lights anywhere on the Legend and it has beautiful artwork all over the ship. Plus you can see the ocean from everywhere. People comment on things they have no experience with. Just blind immature cheerleading. :rolleyes:

To the OP, the Legend is a beautiful ship. Its really an easy decision to make. I've been on her twice. She is well maintained and the food on her is to die for. Plus its port intensive cruise that you should love and you get two additional days of cruising.

I'll put up Carnivals Spirit class against the Royals Radiance class anyday. Now when it comes to the Freedom class and above, Carnival cant compete based on the ships. But theyre prices always keeps them in the game.

Enjoy!

Thanks to everybody that replied.

alexw , your post makes it little easier to consider the Legend sailing.

I just contacted our TA to get the best price and possible some bonus offers (if available), OBC or ?

It's still up in the air. We do have a wonderful (hump) balcony room booked on the Radiance, so I just want to make sure that if we decide to make the move, we're not making a big mistake.

Thanks again everybody!

If you don't mind the extra $300 than I would do the 7 day. You'll hit a few more ports and still have your sea days.

Enjoy!

In Donna's defense...while I agree that from what I have seen from friends the Legend (and some other Carnival ships) is not at all gawdy; however, the Miracle (which it looks like Donna has been on) appears to be quite tacky.

I would go with Carnival. Belize is great if you snorkel or dive. It's a better itinerary. Extended balcony is a great option on Carnival if I read your post right. We had an extended balconly on the Liberty aft corner that was to dry for. Who cares if the ship may be a little gaudy. I've been on every cruiseline and find that the food isn't 100 percent to my liking everyday. Somedays it's good and other days you wonder what happened. Same with the service.

Enjoy!

I am not a blind immature cheerleader and I resent you calling me that.

I may not have sailed on Legend, but I have sailed on another Spirit class ship, and in my opinion, it couldn't hold a candle to any RCI ship. The ship (Miracle) was tacky and very awkwardly laid-out and felt very crowded, and the service onboard was spread unbelieveable thin at the expense of the passengers. I stand by my original statement that based on my personal experience with Carnival, I wouldn't sail with them again as they are way below RCI or Princess in terms of their ships and especially their service.

If you have a different experience with them, I won't call you names, as you are entitled to your opinion.

To the OP: Please click on the link in my signature to my review of Miracle, and to my review of RCI and Princess ships, for details as to why I think Carnival provides an inferior product.

Archived