Balcomy Aft Cabins?

soleil125

Hi all,

We're looking at a cruise on Celebrity's Solstice.....Some of our cabin choices include a couple which are Balcony cabins at the very back of the ship. Has anyone ever had an aft cabin and what was it like? Was it loud and did it shake a lot or was it smooth sailing? Thanks so much!

I've just booked a cruise to the West Caribbean on the Solstice in September. There's a great thread about Solstice cabins on the Celebrity cruise thread that I found helpful. I got an Aft Balcony - based on the CC comments. There's even a wonderful spreadsheet that gives you details to help you make your best decision.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=911018

I'd be interested to hear what aothers have to say about Aft vs Forward cabins in general.

Hi all,

We're looking at a cruise on Celebrity's Solstice.....Some of our cabin choices include a couple which are Balcony cabins at the very back of the ship. Has anyone ever had an aft cabin and what was it like? Was it loud and did it shake a lot or was it smooth sailing? Thanks so much!

I can't answer specifically to the Celebrity Solstice and I have only been on one cruise, but we did have an aft balcony cabin with only one neighbor. I thought it was great. I didn't seem to notice extra noise or shaking. We usually left the sliding door open at night because we like fresh air when we sleep. We are booked on a cruise for September and have booked an aft cabin with only one neighbor.

We haven't been on Solstice, but since we first had an aft balcony, it's now what we prefer. There might be more vibration, but nothing that I've really noticed or found objectionable. I expect some motion and sound, being on water and a ship and all.

If it's the balcony right under the pool, Lido, or some other active place, you could be in for some early morning/late evening noise, which is why we look for rooms that are below and above other rooms. But that applies to any category of stateroom.

Hello -- We have cruised about 15 times and got our first aft cabin for our Med cruise last year on the Summit. We are hooked!! The balcony was huge; we had 4 lounge chairs, 2 regular chairs and a large table. We have booked Solstice for a TA in 2011 and we chose the top deck of cabins even though these are directly below the lido, so there is more noise early in the morning when they move all the tables and chairs for cleaning. We chose this deck because there is more overhang above the balcony, so it is covered. This is important when it rains or if you do not want too much sun. I would not spend the money on a balcony unless it was an aft. The side balconys have too much sun/rain/wind for me. Good luck;)

I had the large aft balcony on the Carnival Glory & definitely hooked. There were 2 lounge chairs, 2 regular chairs, & table & still plenty of room & the scenery is amazing. I've booked an aft balcony on the NCL next yr to Hawaii.

I had a forward balcony cabin and really enjoyed it in March. next March I am trying an aft balcony cabin. I love the large balcony and liked seeing such a wide view. There was so much room on the balcony I slept on the lounge chairs a couple of nights!

Archived