Carnival Steakhouse

Heather1321

So as not to start another thread on the streakhouse, I also have a question. My wife is a vegetarian. I've seen sample menus for the steakhouse that have at least one vegetarian option, but I've also seen more recent ones that don't have any vegetarian entrees. I love me some steak, but I'm not going to bother making a reservation for the steakhouse if my wife isn't going to be able to order an entree. Does anyone know if it's possible to order a vegetarian entree, even if there is not one listed on the menu?

Edited by cerebus76

We didn't have that option in the MDR last week on the Liberty. There was the lobster night with shrimp and you could have ordered prime rib-but no filet all week at all in the MDR. (well, I don't know what they served the night we went to Harry's...)

I had a filet and a lobster tail in the main dining room on the Spirit for NO extra fee! We had a res at the steakhouse but we ended up canceling it cause I saw no reason to pay for what I could get for free.

True, but you can't get a 24 ouce porterhouse in the dining room.

I had the surf and turf at Harry's on the Liberty last week-it was very good! Very tender filet and Maine lobster tail. We had a great night at Harry's.

Sure about the "maine" part of the lobster? I was on the Liberty two years ago and they were serving carib tail, was on the Valor last summer and again, carrib tail, no maine. Others have reported this too and it sounds like fleetwide cutback.

The steak/lobster and all the other menu items at the Steakhouse are far superior to the food found in the dining room. I also received samples of appetizers and unlimited champagne. Plus there was a musical group with dancing (6 years ago). The experience was well worth the price. I am looking forward to my upcoming cruise and visit to the Steakhouse.

I had a filet and a lobster tail in the main dining room on the Spirit for NO extra fee! We had a res at the steakhouse but we ended up canceling it cause I saw no reason to pay for what I could get for free.

:rolleyes: I am sure these people realize they have options. No one on this thread asked if it was worth it. They asked a specific question.

I had surf and turf in the steakhouse on the Splendor. I've been on many Carnival cruises and I can tell you, that I have never had anything in the MDR like I did in the steakhouse. There's no comparison of the two. I think the lobster (small tails) were rubbery in the MDR. The ones I saw in the steakhouse were the biggest lobster tails I have ever seen in my life. The filet was so tender we didn't need a knife.

For the vegetarian issue, tell the Steakhouse ahead of time that your wife is a vegetarian, and they'll accommodate her.

I am a vegetarian and we ate at the steakhouse (or supper club then) on Glory two years ago, and they did have a vegetarian entree. I cannot imagine them not having one since they have one at every meal. Now as far that entree being worth "more" than the MDR, that I cannot really say. Two years ago, it wasn't for me. The atmosphere (back then) made up for it, and my wife enjoying her filet as well.

So as not to start another thread on the streakhouse, I also have a question. My wife is a vegetarian. I've seen sample menus for the steakhouse that have at least one vegetarian option, but I've also seen more recent ones that don't have any vegetarian entrees. I love me some steak, but I'm not going to bother making a reservation for the steakhouse if my wife isn't going to be able to order an entree. Does anyone know if it's possible to order a vegetarian entree, even if there is not one listed on the menu?

I would go visit the steakhouse after you board to ask them what vegetarian options would be available for you.

Sure about the "maine" part of the lobster? I was on the Liberty two years ago and they were serving carib tail, was on the Valor last summer and again, carrib tail, no maine. Others have reported this too and it sounds like fleetwide cutback.

Very sure-and I was shocked to see that the lobster tail in the MDR was a Maine lobster tail also. It actually said Maine lobster tail on both of the menus. I had read on cc before we went that it wouldn't be and I told my husband to expect carib tail and we both noticed right away that the menu in the MDR said Maine lobster tail.

Edited by IMDORY

The steak/lobster and all the other menu items at the Steakhouse are far superior to the food found in the dining room. I also received samples of appetizers and unlimited champagne. Plus there was a musical group with dancing (6 years ago). The experience was well worth the price. I am looking forward to my upcoming cruise and visit to the Steakhouse.

I didn't get free Champagne:( that has changed. We did each get a little tiny "compliments of the chef" item before our appetizers came. No live music, but a lot of good tunes on the stereo system that I enjoyed.:)

I find it disheartening to learn that Carnival no longer provides live music and dancing at the alternative dinning experience. On the Legend six years ago (I think they called it the Supper Club) I found it to be a wonderful respite from the crowds. It provided the dinning passenger with an intimate, relaxed, sophisticated 2.5 hour dinning experience. The food, the service and the atmosphere was excellent. I hope that the Steakhouse is not a hurried 'get them in and get them out' type of dinning experience.

Just my opinion, but I wouldnt consider it a cutback. I much prefer the carib lobster if youre eating the tail part.

Both the Maine lobster and the Caribbean spiny lobster are excellent IF they are prepared properly (not overcooked). Now the "cold water" lobster tails found in many grocery stores are normally steamed and then frozen. When they are then thawed and used in a recipe they become rubber. Chinese restaurants in my neighborhood are often guilty of this. There is nothing better than eating a grilled freshly caught spiny lobster in the Florida Keys.

Yes you can but we have found that reservations are easy to get once you are on board.

But if you have a preferred date and time and that you want you might want to book it beforehand...

I just made a reservation online for the Emerald Steakhouse on the Glory for a specific date and time for my upcoming cruise in June. I got an email from the hostess telling me that they did not have the time I wanted available and gave me other options. I emailed back and very nicely asked if my brand new Platinum status would help get the time I wanted and bingo! I guess membership really does have it's privileges. LOL

Happy Cruising,

Laura