Dream All Inclusive

This just takes me around in a loop! There is an email address to use 'during your holiday' and one to use upon your return but not an email address for pre-travel, it tells you to phone (at 5p a minute, spent 8 minutes listening to music & then hung up) or an address to write too (but I want an answer ASAP) so could you tell me the actual email address you used please??

I sent an email this morning to PreTravelServices@thomson.co.uk re fact no 14 day cruises since last week. Hasn't bounced back nor have I had an acknowledgement so fingers crossed it gets to the right department. Headed it up Technical Website Problems then had a rant.:eek: I refuse to speak to someone until I have made my own choices and not be co-erced into something and then find I've been conned.

Hi

I am just about to book the Destiny for June 2011 with free AI. We travelled on Celebration May2009 and all cocktails/spirits etc were included. Can anyone advise what current Destiny policy is as would be disappointed if anything less? Also any opinions on Destiny v Celebration would be appreciated. We are travelling with a 7 year old.

Hi

I am just about to book the Destiny for June 2011 with free AI. We travelled on Celebration May2009 and all cocktails/spirits etc were included. Can anyone advise what current Destiny policy is as would be disappointed if anything less? Also any opinions on Destiny v Celebration would be appreciated. We are travelling with a 7 year old.

If you have a look at the posts regarding AI at the moment you'll see that everything seems to be changing, and not for the better. :( I think you'll be disappointed.

Hi

It looks as though it will be! Here is a link to a thread in which a copy of a letter from Thomson has been posted. It was issued on the Dream last week and details changes to the AI - which are VERY significantly different from the past. (And by the way, Celebration was a bit more extensive than that on Destiny/Spirit - but not enough to really bother about).

Look at post #73 and open the link. We are all assuming it will be across the fleet although we have, as yet, no confirmation of that. (It has been suggested it might become policy with the new season's sailings on Celebration/Spirit/Destiny.)

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1190347

But if this is the situation, it does affect the value of the AI to me and perhaps to the majority of customers. :( Read through some of the recent threads - it's generating a lot of interest.

Hi all,

was just reading some of the latest reviews from the Dream and noticed that the All Inclusive was VERY restricted. Does anybody think this will have any effect on how the other ships in the fleet operate their all inclusive packages?

The drinks package is now back to normal.I went into thomsons Dundee today and was told they had a problem, but now sorted.I dont pay£378 for house drinks.

The drinks package is now back to normal.I went into thomsons Dundee today and was told they had a problem, but now sorted.I dont pay£378 for house drinks.

Back to normal as in not having just one choice of cocktail per day???

They may well be right - but we have had some very conflicting information from TAs in different Thomson shops. Even ringing Head Office doesn't find everyone singing from the same song sheet. Some posters on here have been providing information TO their TA about the AI on Dream at least last week. I sincerely hope that things are 'back to normal' now with respect to the AI - but I'll wait to hear from someone who has been on board before I will be convinced. Sorry to be a bit negative - but the proof of the pudding so to speak......

They may well be right - but we have had some very conflicting information from TAs in different Thomson shops. Even ringing Head Office doesn't find everyone singing from the same song sheet. Some posters on here have been providing information TO their TA about the AI on Dream at least last week. I sincerely hope that things are 'back to normal' now with respect to the AI - but I'll wait to hear from someone who has been on board before I will be convinced. Sorry to be a bit negative - but the proof of the pudding so to speak......

I agree! I talked to two Thomson TAs- one in Belfast and one in Worcester and they both said there was no problem on the Dream! I have emailed them the letter posted on here, I am not convinced at all until as above, someone comes back from a cruise and tells us

Back to normal as in not having just one choice of cocktail per day???

Back to normal means whatever cocktails are on the bar list , and when booking it says a range of cocklails.That means more than one. The bar list just the same as it used to be. not the list that was put under that cabin door. Where did you see just one choice?

Back to normal means whatever cocktails are on the bar list , and when booking it says a range of cocklails.That means more than one. The bar list just the same as it used to be. not the list that was put under that cabin door. Where did you see just one choice?

A range of cocktails could be three and there are three in the letter

A range of cocktails could be three and there are three in the letter

What letter? not the one I Printed off and took into thomsons If it is that is not the drinks package now, that was for the first MED cruise. IT is in black and white what I have booked.:)

Where did you see just one choice?

My friend has just returned from the first sail and she paid for the same drinks package as us but was given that letter under their door.

Were going into the agents next week to see them face to face to get it sorted out, but if what you say is correct i want it in black and white from Thomsons that ALL cocktails are included, not a range of 3 which is on the letter.

My friend has just returned from the first sail and she paid for the same drinks package as us but was given that letter under their door.

Were going into the agents next week to see them face to face to get it sorted out, but if what you say is correct i want it in black and white from Thomsons that ALL cocktails are included, not a range of 3 which is on the letter.

Dont worry, that letter only applied to the first med cruise.

Dont worry, that letter only applied to the first med cruise.

So have you actually got that on Thomsons letter headed paper?. I really hope your right about it being sorted

So have you actually got that on Thomsons letter headed paper?. I really hope your right about it being sorted

I Spoke to the girl myself , unfortunatly they had a problem with the first cruise not enough staff ,ect. but I will get whats on my drinks package , whitch is on my booking form. Remember I paid £378 for it.

I Spoke to the girl myself , unfortunatly they had a problem with the first cruise not enough staff ,ect. but I will get whats on my drinks package , whitch is on my booking form. Remember I paid £378 for it.

Sadly it seems that the drinks package was not what customers who travelled last week thought they had paid for either. The letter refers to costs being the factor behind the change - not ash or supplies. So far, the only person who seems to be offering any reassurance that the package is now what it used to be (and what we all 'bought into' either as an early booking perk or by paying for it) is your T.A.

I just question whether she is expressing her opinion - or fact. If it is a fact, why doesn't anyone else in the Thomson organisation have this up-to-date information? You have paid for an AI package and have 'it in black and white' - but that doesn't spell out exactly what will be included - a 'range' could be a very small list (like they discovered on Dream last week). I really hope your TA is right - but I think we are jumping the gun if we take one unsubstantiated report as proof positive that the AI has changed back to what we all know .........and love! I hope my doubts prove to be wrong - but I wouldn't be surprised if they're not!

The letter neither states it is for the first Med cruise only nor for the season - the implication from the letter is that it is for the season - otherwise the letter should have been worded as regards that cruise only. The price of spirits is the reason given - the prices did not go up for one week and then fall back down - if I were you I would be asking my agent to get what she told you in writing.

if I were you I would be asking my agent to get what she told you in writing.

Totally agree. Working in an office is how i work anyway. Verbal agreements mean nothing these days.

If theres one thing i was taught when i first started work, its was to make sure you ..

Get a name

Get a telephone number

Get them to confirm everything in writing

It can be a pain, but at least your covered for things such as this problem were having :(

Hi Guys,

I have just spoken to thomson, and the drinks package HAS changed and will stay this way going forward, i have paid a high price for this, and feel that a reduction should have been offerd, i was told UNLUCKY we can change what we like and how we like,

I know this will be the last time i travel with thomson, as i realy feel robbed and lied too, and very rudely spoken to from a MANAGER at swansea call center,

Holiday are meant to be a happy time with your family, not a stressfull time.

Hi Guys,

I have just spoken to thomson, and the drinks package HAS changed and will stay this way going forward, i have paid a high price for this, and feel that a reduction should have been offerd, i was told UNLUCKY we can change what we like and how we like,

I know this will be the last time i travel with thomson, as i realy feel robbed and lied too, and very rudely spoken to from a MANAGER at swansea call center,

That's bad news - but expected, I'm afraid after hearing the situation on Dream this week.

This has been so badly handled by Thomson - talk about going from Heroes to Villains - all in the space of a week! Why couldn't they phase this in an honest and open manner so customers knew what they were buying?

And how any Manager can adopt such an attitude - they should be grovelling! Yes, they CAN change the conditions but when they sell you a product which has been available for years - they should at the very least explain that what you are now purchasing is NOT going to be the same as before - especially since it bears little relationship to what we expect of the package. This is not a small change - it's a radical change! It's almost been sold under false pretenses.

I'm not surprised Thomson have had to consider the terms and conditions relating to the AI especially the 'freebie' but I think it's deplorable that they change it between the point of booking and delivery. I respect their right to change it but it should have been changed as new cruises went on sale and the new AI package should have been clearly identified as something radically different from that offered in the past.

Let's have some honesty Thomson - like oz, I am seriously reconsidering my position too and Thomson may not be getting my custom in the future. Remember we can change too - to a different cruise line! I had decided to book a 14-nt cruise in the summer 2011 - but there's no incentive now. I don't want the AI as on offer now - there is very little on the menu which appeals.

All Inclusive - you better change it's name - it's mainly now All Excluded!!!!

Hi Guys,

What has changed in the drinks package ,did you get it in writing?

Hi everyone again,

I've still not calmed down.

I have now contacted CAB, and consumer watchdog, i am not going to take this laying down, when you book a holiday it becoms a legally binding contract, and thomson have broken this by not supplying what i have paid for(i have paid extra for the drinks package).

When i spoke to them, i was advised i might be able to cancel the package, or cancel the holiday, BUT THEY WILL NOT DISCOUNT THE PACKAGE. WHAT......... you want me to pay for a sub standard product, that is not what we agreed when i booked the holiday. i dont think so.

under consumer law, i have a right to

cancel the holiday

cancel the package

all at no cost

BUT i also i can except the changes, even though im not happy, (forget the legal term for this) and this allows me to sue for dissatisfaction and disappointment, and this is what i will do, and this will cost them more then the drinks package has cost.

Sorry for the rant, :mad:

Well after reading all your post regarding the AI package ,we have decided to take legal advise tomorow. Regardless of the fact if your AI package was a 'freebie' early booking incentive or you paid mega for it the point is Thomson cannot advertise one package and deliver another ,especially not being upfront and honest with us the before we sail

The outcome will lie with what our Solicitor if he says we are entitled to a full refund of our £3000 i will take back my money and book another holiday.

Archived