Luggage Tag

lmw315

Leaving on the Imagination on Monday! Can't wait. :D I've printed my luggage tag from the My Documents portion of the website (I'll only will be checking one large suitcase). Instead of laminating/hole punching/zip tying this to the suitcase, can I simply get a tag attached at the pier? I don't have any tape or other "needed supplies" so I don't want to waste money buying them if I can just have a porter slap on a tag at the port. Thanks for any replies!

Meant to post this on the Carnival boards - I'm sorry! Is there any way to move it to the correct forum?

Leaving on the Imagination on Monday! Can't wait. :D I've printed my luggage tag from the My Documents portion of the website (I'll only will be checking one large suitcase). Instead of laminating/hole punching/zip tying this to the suitcase, can I simply get a tag attached at the pier? I don't have any tape or other "needed supplies" so I don't want to waste money buying them if I can just have a porter slap on a tag at the port. Thanks for any replies!

Meant to post this on the Carnival boards - I'm sorry! Is there any way to move it to the correct forum?

Mods may move this. But to answer your question. Take you printed tag with you and bring some scotch tape and tape the tag either at your hotel (or borrow their stapler) or at the port. Using the printed tags helps ensur eyour bag will get to you. They do have fillout tags at the porters stand but you'll need a pen and hope your handwriting can be read. Tip: place a copy of your printed tag inside your luggage on top incase your outside tag gets damaged or removed.

Don't risk it. If nothing else, completely cover your tags with clear (Not the ribbed type) of packaging tape. You don't want it ripping and with the way they handle your bags, anything less will rip. Another option is head to the post office or pack and ship store and get a clear envelope, the type with the sticky tape on the back. Put your tag inside and tape it onto your suitcase.

Indeed, Murphey's Law applies to luggage tags--if they can come off, they will. Then you will chasing your luggage in lost and found. We not only cut, lamenate, and zip-tie them to the checked luggage, but also to carry-ons--just in case they somehow get loose from us. Do all you can to make sure tags stay on luggage and are readable.

Archived