Tears? Really???

newbieMom

I used to be that crazy, spazzy type that had to start planning and packing at least a month before we went anywhere. Now, well, let's just say I am far less crazed before a vacation. As a matter of fact, we are leaving on the Valor on Sunday and I haven't even started to pretend that I have to pack!:eek: I probably won't get to it until Saturday and then i'll be running around like a crazy person trying to do everything at once...lol. Thank goodness we only live 3 1/2 hours from Miami and we don't have to fly!

Happy Cruising:)

Barb

I totally know how you feel...we typically cruise in June and after a year of all the stress building up with the kids in school and then our busiest time at work is right before our vacation so then there is more stress. Not to mention this year we're finally getting married so we have the added stress of that. I know when I finally hear that "DING" I'll either break down or just melt from the relief that we're finally on vacation. :)

Tears over reading something?Wow!

A few years back I ran over Bambi.:eek:

Steve:D

The reason Steve ran over Bambi was because Bambi was disoriented, lost and emotionally drained as I had shot his Mother a year earlier.:D

(Venison, heavily marinated in beer'n'barbecue sauce, slowly grilled over a charcoal fire . . . MMMmmmmmmm, delicious) :)

The cruise bug finally bit me just last week and now all I do is sit in front of the computer and go from forum to forum and am steadily increasing the post count with all the post responses I am doing.

But you guys got it BAD!

Happy to Meetcha!!!

I also like when you're checking in and they say "Welcome back, Mr. and Mrs. ****. LOVE hearing those words. :)

I believe I've read here that when you're platinum they say, "Welcome home, Mr. & Mrs. *****" Nice :D

I loved reading all of these sweet cruise thoughts, and love the hysterical posts as well...the people on the other side of my cube are wondering what the heck I'm cracking up about! :rolleyes: A little less Bambi, a little more Hallmark commercial...heehee!!!

This will be our first cruise and I hope I get the addiction like you all. We've been Disney addicted for several years, and I am completely that Type A planner, but don't care if it gets thrown out the window once we're there! It's my escape from the world!

Enjoy your upcoming cruises!!

I am a Disney fanatic also! Have been over 30 times and I assure you that cruising is a blast also! If you get "Disney Magic" you will probably catch cruise fever too.

I believe I've read here that when you're platinum they say, "Welcome home, Mr. & Mrs. *****" Nice :D

I TOLD my husband they said that to us once, and he didn't believe me. :p We were far from platinum- I guess they just messed up.

But yeah, I could get used to that. :)

I TOLD my husband they said that to us once, and he didn't believe me. :p We we're far from platinum, I guess they just messed up.

But yeah, I could get used to that. :)

Would that be enough to have to get the kleenex out? :confused:

;)

Nah. Takes a LITTLE more than that...

I actually thought about saying WHAT it takes, but alas, this is a cruise forum and I've been drinking, so, enough said. ;)

If this isn't the time for a private message feature I don't know what is...:eek::p

When I went into the VIP lounge at the Long Beach pier preparing to board the SPLENDOR, that's exactly what the ladies behind the counter said to me.

I jokingly said, "I was expecting a big banner hanging over the door, saying WELCOME BACK, GARY". We all had a good laugh.

Those rascals went to the trouble of hand writing on an 8 X 11 piece of paper in big print, "WELCOME BACK, GARY" finding me in line when we started boarding and all jumping right in front of me just as I was about to have my welcome aboard pic taken holding up this handmade sign ! ! :D

You can't beat Carnival people. :)

OK, am I the only one who wants to know what "******" is exactly...?

In my original post it said audio " p rozac" but I guess that word isn't allowed here???? That's OK, I like audio "orgasm" better, LOL!

So I can get the horn blast sound from John's blog, but anyone have an mp3 of the card "ding"... that would make a great IM notification sound... Its got to be the real ding sound though....

If nobody has one, I'll record it in a week and a half and post a link to download it here:)

i have to agree . we lost out dd in 2006 to a rare disease she was only 9 months old . every time we cruise it reminds us of our short time we had with her because we took off for a couple of cruises after she passed. now we have a wonderful 2 yr old dd that comes with us . we are trying to get her platnum by the time she's 10 :D

I can totally relate to this entire post! I too am a cruise addict, and as soon as I get back from one cruise, need to start planning the next! Our family has been through a lot the past year. My husband is a union carpenter, and due to the economy, jobs have been hard to come buy in CT. We have 4 children all together (yours, mine and ours!) so that does not make our financial burden light by any means! My husband's father also died of lung cancer the day after Thanksgiving, so we really have been stressed out to the max recently. Anyway, we were able to put aside some money and travel on the Spirit to Hawaii on 4/11. We hadn't cruised in 2 years, and the minute I stepped onto that ship, a feeling of utter relief and joy came over me! For those who are not cruising fanatics, you will never understand!

Anyway, we also can relate to the pain of some of the posters. My husband and I left for San Diego on April 10. I was hesitant when I booked this cruise, only because of the date. 10 years ago on that date (April 10, 2000) my husband's first wife was killed in a car accident with their 3 yr old daughter in the back seat (his daughter did survive but had some internal injuries). His wife was 5 months pregnant at the time, and apparently had an aneurysm while driving (triggered by pregnancy high blood pressure) and hit a tree head on which killed her instantly along with the unborn child. My husband was only 29 at the time, and was left raising his daughter by himself until we met 4 years later. I asked him if he had a problem traveling on this particular date, and he said that if he had to be anywhere, it would be on a cruise. Yes, it was a melancholy day of sorts, but life goes on and you need to make the best of it. It is our feeling that you need to live life to its fullest, and do things while you are young and still can. If you keep putting things off "until we are making more money", "until we have less bills", or "until the kids are out of the house", etc. etc, you have to talao realize that that day may never come. So, HAPPY CRUISING!

Archived