Tears? Really???

newbieMom

Thanks for the positive post! It was very refreshing!

I get a little...um...obsessive when it comes to planning and packing, too. Or at least I used to. I've calmed down a lot for upcoming cruise #7. (That's what I tell myself and my family, anyway, but I don't think DH is buying it.) ;)

Enjoy your upcoming cruise! And may your future be punctuated with a million S&S "DING"s!

newbieMom.........I am soooo the opposite of a Type "A" personality, but I can still relate to the wonderful feeling you get as the time grows near. The difference being I don't plan anything apart from the actual booking, and that's basically just deciding on which date the following year I want to go. After that......I just go with the flow. I'm just 10 days out from this year's cruise, and I'm already giddy. This will be my 21st cruise, and I'm just as giddy today as I was before my very first cruise. And like others have said here.....the sound of the ship's horn is the most wonderful sound in the world! But when it all hits home for me, is when I'm walking that gang plank for embarkation!

Rockportgirl.....you must be on the May 2nd sailing on the Conquuest. I'm a week behind you and will be boarding her on the 9th!

I should clarify...we're not talking sobbing and whailing here, more like ....hmmm.....leaking? LOL! A little less "dead Bambi" and a little more "sweet Hallmark commercial". ;)

May Bambi's family never rest until they find you! :p

Ok thats different then.An occasional drip.

Steve:D

Rockportgirl.....do you live in the Galveston area? I live in Houston, but of course that's only a 50-55 minute drive to the port.

We're in Rockport- about 4 hours south of Galveston, 30 miles north of Corpus Christi.

I WISH I was that close to Galveston. But then I'd be broke. :p

Well Rockportgirl, if I had any intelligence at all.....I should have guessed from your board name that you were from Rockport! LOL

Living this close to Galveston is wonderful. But I still only go on one cruise a year as that's all I can afford. But I can drive down to Galveston any weekend I want and just watch the ships depart. However....that is kind of depressing since I'm not on the ship! Too bad we aren't on the same cruise together.

I loved reading all of these sweet cruise thoughts, and love the hysterical posts as well...the people on the other side of my cube are wondering what the heck I'm cracking up about! :rolleyes: A little less Bambi, a little more Hallmark commercial...heehee!!!

This will be our first cruise and I hope I get the addiction like you all. We've been Disney addicted for several years, and I am completely that Type A planner, but don't care if it gets thrown out the window once we're there! It's my escape from the world!

Enjoy your upcoming cruises!!

im gonna ask a question and hope some of you techies can help me:rolleyes:

I would like to download the horn as my ringtone, but totally clueless as how to do it.

any info would be appreciated:D

I have a verizon phone if that has any bearing;)

NewbieMom...as you board the Splendor with your family I will be boarding the Pride with mine for our first cruise. I am also in pre-cruise panic and color coordinating outfits (my husband thinks I'm crazy) and on top of that my oldest DD makes her First Communion this Saturday! I am so looking forward to this ....it's been a long time since we've had a vacation.....just to get away and not have to cook, plan a meal, make a bed and run to after school activities!

Carnival take me away!

I'm just curious if any of you can relate to this. We're sailing in 10 days, so I'm right in the thick of my pre-cruise panic. Yes, I should just chill, but I'm totally type "A" and have to think about/plan for everything, right down to color coordinating both elegant night's attire for a family of five even if it means custom ties for the guys and sewing a formal for my 6 year old. My DH just rolls his eyes...he knows I'm crazy:rolleyes: Anyhow, I can hardly sleep because I'm going through lists in my head, and running downstairs to write things down. In my defense, we're visiting family in Arizona and California before our Splendor cruise out of Long Beach, so it's a lot of planning. Anyhow, I can totally relate to the Carnival commercial with the dad that's dancing and having fun and totally not "himself" on a cruise. That was me last year. There's no way to describe it, I became another person once we were on the ship. I'm normally over protective of my kids to a fault, and not very adventurous, but that all changed on the cruise. I held snakes, jumped off cliffs, tubed down rivers with no hospitals in sight, and even let my older kids roam the ship without a parent! EEK! LOL! OK, I'm totally rambling, sorry!

So, this morning I sign on to CC (as I do with my coffee every morning) and I read that old post about the guy that flew in to Galveston and almost missed his ship. Out of all the drama of his day, you know what got me? Not the fear or panic of missing the ship....it was the brief mention of the "ding" of their S&S cards when they got on the ship. As I sat here and thought about that "ding" the tears just started flowing down my face. That sound (along with the ship's horn mp3 on my phone) is like audio ****** to me. I just. can't. wait! The best 2 weeks of my life have been on cruise ships, and I'm about to add the 3rd.

Thank you Carnival, thank you cruise industry, for giving me such a gift!

After reading this post, I think you need a vacation more than anyone I've ever encountered in my entire life. :eek:

I'm just curious if any of you can relate to this. We're sailing in 10 days, so I'm right in the thick of my pre-cruise panic. Yes, I should just chill, but I'm totally type "A" and have to think about/plan for everything, right down to color coordinating both elegant night's attire for a family of five even if it means custom ties for the guys and sewing a formal for my 6 year old. My DH just rolls his eyes...he knows I'm crazy:rolleyes: Anyhow, I can hardly sleep because I'm going through lists in my head, and running downstairs to write things down. In my defense, we're visiting family in Arizona and California before our Splendor cruise out of Long Beach, so it's a lot of planning. Anyhow, I can totally relate to the Carnival commercial with the dad that's dancing and having fun and totally not "himself" on a cruise. That was me last year. There's no way to describe it, I became another person once we were on the ship. I'm normally over protective of my kids to a fault, and not very adventurous, but that all changed on the cruise. I held snakes, jumped off cliffs, tubed down rivers with no hospitals in sight, and even let my older kids roam the ship without a parent! EEK! LOL! OK, I'm totally rambling, sorry!

So, this morning I sign on to CC (as I do with my coffee every morning) and I read that old post about the guy that flew in to Galveston and almost missed his ship. Out of all the drama of his day, you know what got me? Not the fear or panic of missing the ship....it was the brief mention of the "ding" of their S&S cards when they got on the ship. As I sat here and thought about that "ding" the tears just started flowing down my face. That sound (along with the ship's horn mp3 on my phone) is like audio ****** to me. I just. can't. wait! The best 2 weeks of my life have been on cruise ships, and I'm about to add the 3rd.

I so agree with you. Thank you Carnival!!!!!

OK, am I the only one who wants to know what "******" is exactly...?

Probably heaven. Must be like Jesus, it's not PC to type it! :rolleyes: Of course, it could be orgasm, too. Audio orgasm? LOL

Anyway, thanks for that post, OP! I LOVED it! And I feel the exact same way. Mine actually starts at the hotel the night before. I get all giddy and relaxed. It's the best! :D

Sounds are amazing...like audio-therapy. Think of a song that reminds you of "__"?

DH and I LOVE Las Vegas, and often will say "that sound is like the Vegas slot machines" when we hear it. I was almost bummed when they stopped using coins in the airport terminal slots! sad NOT to hear the familiar "clank clank- ring ring" when we stepped off the plane- then they have some gates without slots AT ALL :eek:

(We dont really even play slot machines, just the noise is a pleasant reminder of our honeymoon)

Now that the OP mentions it, I will be listening for the DINGS all day :rolleyes: awesome...

Your post made my day here in the office. So stressed out until I read this. Like yourself, I get all crazed a few weeks before. Sleeping isn't easy. But once we get to the port, get through all the paper work, and as we're walking up the gangway, all of a sudden, it dawns on me, WOW, we're here, DING!!!!! The next sound is the horn when we're leaving dock.

Yup, I'm hooked. Booked and waiting for cruise number 8. Long wait but we enjoy the anticipation and planning.

You're hooked too. Think of us back home when you here the DING and horn. Have a great cruise. Oh, have to brush the tear from my eye :D

I know that I am right there with you guys - I'm a type "A" cruiser and I too drive my husband nuts the last few days before we head out on the drive to the port. When I'm waiting to board and our zone has been called and I hear the "ding" I know that everything is just wonderful!!!

We just got off the Legend Sunday (had a fantastic cruise) and are already booked on our next cruise in November. I got back to work on Tuesday and immediately tacked up my "29 weeks until my next cruise" sign on my desk. I drive my co-workers nuts as well.

Archived