New to NCL - Cabin help please

luvmyboyz

We are planning a cruise for this coming fall, and we've always sailed on Carnival. My family wants to try NCL, and I am a little hesitant to book because I don't understand the cabin layouts.

My problem is that we have two small children - they will be 5 and 2 (almost 3) when we cruise in the fall this year. They are both pretty tiny little guys. When we cruise on Carnival, we always get either an interior or oceanview room with a convertible sofa, and they sleep on that together. (We take 2 big vacations every year, so we try to cut costs where we can, and the stateroom is usually where we do that!) :o

Anyway, NCL doesn't seem to have interior or even oceanview rooms with pull-out sofas, so we would need to book a balcony (which I don't want both for cost and for fear that my 2-year-old would manage to climb over it - he's pretty adventurous.) So I am wondering how high off the ground the pull-down beds are. Would they be safe for such small children?

Thanks for your help!! :D

So I am wondering how high off the ground the pull-down beds are. Would they be safe for such small children?

Thanks for your help!! :D

Should be very safe since there are beds below. Only one pull down and a trundle bed for the 3rd passenger.

2483096600059187889S425x425Q85.jpg

As to balcony. Somewhat difficult to climb over, but of course never impossible. But, the doors do have a child safety lock thingie.

My advice would be to leave the chairs OFF the balcony. If someone climbed up on it, they could propel themselves over....well, a little child might have a problem though.

book an interior or ocean view cabin that is coded for "4"...you will then get the beds as shown in the above picture.

There is an alternate layout where you put the trundle bed across the back wall and the two twins each against the side wall, making a "U", which may be more comfortable than the "wall to wall" beds as shown.

2752587760099991182tnPzsf_th.jpg.57bdfa426dfccd23452ca6427e80c2a0.jpg

Archived